Chapter 11: The Confession

Two weeks later...

Almost every day after school, we practiced for our big scene. Everyone was in rhythm, tried their best as if we were really performing. Adam and I were doing great with our roles. He always hung out with Amy, Trent and I afterwards. It seemed weird almost. He was always doing nice things for me. He could see me walking from a mile away and always would give me a ride to school. He would walk with me to class. He seemed a little nervous. I didn't understand it. He went from this bad boy attitude to being himself. Rex swears Adam was the perfect phantom.

I haven't seen the phantom. I wondered if he was mad at me for saving Adam. Amy told me what was waiting at the bottom. It still chills me to this day. On the mattress, was a pig's corpse. It was cut open so that he would land perfectly inside of it. Why would the phantom do that? Was he trying to scare him off? I didn't have the answers. Tonight, was the big scene. I was even more nervous. This was our chance to sell tickets. We would only have two weeks after this before opening night. Amy and Trent were walking down the hallway with me. Amy smiled. "You know, Adam has been hanging around us a lot."

Trent smirked. "He likes you."

My eyes widened. "No, no. I just think he's looking for some friends to hang out with." They both looked at me confused. I headed over to my locker and cracked it open. Amy leaned against the lockers. "What's the problem? Scared that you may like him too?"

My eyes beamed at her. "I'm not interested." Going back into my locker. Trent closed the door on me. He raised his eyebrow at me. "You're not? You two have been hanging all over each other for weeks. If he sings a verse, you'll finish it for him. It's cute." My back hit the locker. Deep down, I did have feelings for Adam. He was good to me. It seemed like we fit together. But I was more afraid of what the phantom would do if he found out we were dating. Shaking my head, "I don't think he's into me like that." I tried to open my locker again. Both Amy and Trent placed their hands over it. They glared at me. Taking a breath, "I'll just get in it later." I silently walked down the hallway. The phantom had cameras everywhere. If I admitted that I had feelings for Adam, he might kill him in a rage of jealousy. I had to protect Adam. Holding my arms, it wasn't fair. I couldn't make my own choices without the phantom being involved. I didn't have feelings for the phantom. I thought I did, but something is just off about him. He was becoming more possessive. My heart dropped into my stomach. I had to hide my feelings, to protect Adam.

Amy's point of view:

She didn't get it. She knew her best friend. Why was Krissy denying her feelings? Trent looked at her. "Well, that didn't go as planned." Adam was walking up to them smiling. Amy felt bad. She said they would try to see if Krissy felt the same. But she just wouldn't admit it. Adam pounded Trent's fist. "So, what did she say?" Amy looked at the ground.

Trent shook his head. "She kept denying it. I don't understand why. She clearly likes you." Amy was lost in her thoughts. There must have been something. Ever since the day she almost fell into the trap door....

Her eyes widened. "I have to go." She rushed off to find Krissy. She didn't have to go very far. She knew exactly where she went. She opened up the doors to the reembrace garden. Krissy sat on a stone bench, watching the small waterfall. It was built to honor the loss of loved ones. Krissy went in here a lot when she was thinking of her mom. Amy walked over and sat next to her. Krissy refused to look at her. "It's because of the phantom. That's the reason why you won't admit your feelings."

Krissy didn't speak. Her eyes kept staring at the water. Amy grabbed her hand and squeezed it. "You can't be afraid to make decisions because of him."