Chapter 4: Babysitting

Amy's Point of View:

After yesterday's disaster, Rex was driving me up a wall today. Rehearsal was going to be hell. The principle was sitting in on this one. With all the strange occurrences going on, he had no idea if it was even safe to perform this play. He tried to tell Rex he had plenty of time to change the play. So here we are, I'm sitting next to Rex. Rex is nervous sweating. He hands tremble as he holds his skim milk with four creams no sugar coffee. That I had to go get before practice started. Mandy was on stage in her act one costume. Her hives were just small red bumps on her face now. Everyone was here, except Krissy. "Can we start?" Mandy shouted. Her voice was back to normal. I rolled my eyes. Rex gazed around. "Where's Krissy? She's never late."

That was a good question. I haven't seen her since she stormed off from us last night. Kyle accused her of swapping the perfume. I couldn't see her doing that. She wouldn't risk being kicked out of the play. My phone buzzed. It was a text from Krissy.

"My dad is being a butt. Can't come to practice. I feel like my world has ended."

She was being a little over dramatic much. "Why weren't you in school all day? You haven't answered any of my calls or texts. This isn't like you. What's really going on?"

My phone buzzed again. "Dad is taking my phone. See you tomorrow."

I groaned. Mandy's mom must have something to do with this. She probably told her dad what happened at school today. Krissy is probably grounded. Rex glared at me. "Well?"

"She's not able to sing. We will have to go on without her." I lied in defeat. Mandy just stood on stage, smirking her evil smile. Rex clapped his hands. "From the top, begin!"

Everyone was dancing and singing. The new owners walked on stage, watching everyone. The principal sat in silence. I pulled my phone out and texted Kyle.

"Go to Krissy's house. I think she got grounded from what happened yesterday. Please check on her for me."

He replied with a thumbs up. He knew how to get in her house without her dad knowing. Rex cleared his throat in my ear. "Do you need to be somewhere?"

I put my phone away and grabbed my clipboard. "Nope. Mom wanted to know if I wanted meatloaf for dinner again."

His eyes widened like a kid at Christmas. "You will have to bring me some. Your mom's meatloaf was amazing!" His high-pitched voice came in.

Even though he says he isn't gay, everyone knew he was. Rex stood up once the scene ended. "Today will be focusing on Mandy, just till our star gets back." Mandy fluffed up her hair. I just hoped this went smoothly and the phantom wouldn't ruin this for us. But I was also hoping that Krissy was okay.

Krissy's Point of View:

I opened my eyes. It was like a room except with cave walls. There were different colored glass pieces hanging from the ceiling. This place was beautiful. I was lying in a bed with red satin sheets. Searching for my phone, I couldn't find it. The room filled with piano music. I slowly stood up. Something hit my legs. Gazing down at my body, I was dressed in the same corset Christine wears after singing 'Phantom of the Opera'. I headed out the room. My eyes were met with flames on the walls next to me. There was a small staircase. Carefully, I stepped onto each step. My eyes looked around the room. It was almost an exact replica of the scene where the Phantom's hide out is. There was a small pond with a boat. On the side, was a large piano. A cloaked man sitting there, making the keys move like magic. Without looking, I knocked something over. The piano stopped playing, my body frozen in place. The cloaked figure stood up and glanced back at me. It was the phantom. "Do not be afraid Krissy." His voice was almost soothing.