Chapter 13: To My Mother's Grave, please.

It was very hard for me to lie to Adam. But I didn't have too much of a choice. I had to find out who this masked creature was. Before Adam went to school, he joked around a lot. Doing his best to make me laugh and smile. After the rough night we had, I really needed it. He also didn't leave without giving me a mini make out session. At one point, I had to kick him out of my house before he was late. He teased that he was only ten minutes away. But he still had to run home to grab a change of clothes. Plus, with all the rain, I wanted him to drive safe. It was pouring out. Thunder & lighting followed. Amy texted me early this morning. She didn't feel well and was going to stay home. This was the perfect cover up. I texted Adam and told him I was going to stay with Amy till he was out of school. He texted back a thumbs up and heart emoji. I smiled as the phone went into my pocket. I grabbed my bag and headed out the door. A cab was waiting for me outside. Pulling my hoodie over my head, I rushed to the cab. Lighting flashed across the sky. The rain was really coming down now. The cab driver glanced at me through the review mirror. I couldn't get a good look at him with all the junk he had over his plexiglass. "Where to miss?"

Clearing my throat, "To St. Andrew's Cemetary please." He started driving. My mind was racing with so many thoughts. The phantom made me nervous and on edge now. If this was a trap, he would take me away. Lighting crackled across the sky. I needed to remain calm. I started singing to myself.

In sleep he sang to me...

In dreams he came,

That voice which calls to me and speaks my name.

Glancing up at the driver, he was looking at me through the review mirror. "You're in that play my daughter was telling me about last night." I nodded then glanced back out the window. "Is there really a phantom?" I didn't answer him. The truth was, there was one. But his identity was still a mystery. He shook his head. "It's going to be a long trip. If you don't mind, I'm going to put the radio on." His hand went to his radio and turned the volume up. It was some classy jazz music. I closed my eyes. Only forty-five more minutes to go.

Adam's Point of View:

Adam sat in class, mostly day dreaming. He wanted to go back to Krissy. This new relationship was complicated. Nothing like he's ever been in before. He could have any girl he wanted. Hell, half of the school wanted him when he first showed up. Krissy was the only one who didn't leach onto him. Not only did she have a beautiful voice, but her personality is what got his attention. His mind was filled with worry. He really wanted to stay with her. But she kept pushing him to go to school. He didn't care if he missed a day of classes. His old school was so far ahead, making up the work wouldn't be so bad. His phone vibrated three times. His eyes glanced up. The teacher had her back to the class. He pulled out his phone and glanced at it.

"Hey it's Krissy's dad. Can you meet me in the next half hour at our house? Btw, do you know where Krissy is?"

He sat there puzzled. How did Mr. McKinley get his number? He didn't wait to reply. "No problem. She is with Amy." A loud slap echoed across the room. Adam glanced up. His teacher, Miss.Tewe glared at him angrily. "Is there something more important other than my class Mr. Dotlich?"

Adam placed the phone on his desk, sat up then ran his fingers through his hair, slicking it back. "I'm really sorry Miss.Tewe. My mom keeps texting me and I told her I'm at school. Please forgive me. When I go home, I will remind her that I'm not allowed to text." His eyes met hers. "Especially your class." She seemed taken back by his words. Adam slightly smirked. It seemed like lots of women fell for him easily. She quickly cleared her throat. "Very well. Now back to Geometry." She turned her back to the chalk board. Adam sat there thinking. What did Krissy's dad want to see him for? Once the class ended, he was going to head straight over there. Krissy might end up coming home and finding him there. Which he would love. Adam stared at the board, waiting for the clock to move faster.