Chapter 15

You stared at the dead woman in front of you, not understanding anything. Sebastian stood in the front, protecting you and Ciel. You turned to Ryan. He had a look of shock on his features, and was yelling orders to his men, they shot the dead woman. But it didn't do anything, she is still moving towards them. Ryan decided to run away, letting his men die. The dead lady turned to you, slowly making her way toward you.

"How the hell are we supposed to take care of this?!" Ciel yelled.
'How about I dismember it so that it cannot move anymore?" Sebastian said.
"These guys can't be killed unless you smash in their heads, ya know" said a voice you didn't recognize.

You saw a man with glasses on, his hair blond and brown, smiling cockily. He jumped on the lady with...his lawn-mower?! Anyway, it killed her and that's all you wanted.

"Ya should pay attention to the important stuff" he said.
'You're..."
"Wait a...AHH!! See, this chick's totally dead after all!! I so told them that I'd collected her properly."
"What is he?' asked Ciel.
"You should know them well, young master...
"This one has it alright. There we go" said the man, swinging his weapon to the other dead woman and a cinematic record appeared.
"Ah?! He is a Shinigami?" you said.
"Suzanna Connor. Born on the 23rd of July, 1841. Died of shock due to blood loss on the 19th of April, 1889. Remarks...none. Investigation completed."

The man turned to you with a surprised look, his eyes observing you and Sebastian.

"That getup...Don't tell me you're the rumoured 'Sebas-chan' and his bride?"
"I have quite an aversion to that name, however...I am indeed the Phantomhive family butler, Sebastian Michaelis and this is my fiancée, (Y/N) (L/N)...You are?"
"The Shinigami Dispatch Association, Collection Division: Ronald Knox. Thanks for taking care of my senior" he said with a smile.
"You could have only said your name" you muttered to yourself, making Sebastian smile.
"You just said you can't kill them unless you smash in their heads, but...Do you Shinigami know something about the revival of the dead?"
"No, we don't know any details either...just...we had reports of corpses whose souls had surely been collected moving around and stuff. So since administration put in a claim saying it was our miss...I came here to investigate, however...This here thing really was a genuine, soulless corpse. Cos I definitely got Margaret Connor's soul 2 weeks ago" Ronald explained.
"So the dead didn't get revived. It was just the corpse moving...Is it possible for a soulless body to move around?" asked Ciel.
"Ah! I hope not! you said, shivering.
"My bosses said it's totally impossible but...the fact remains that they're actually up and about like this so the Shinigami Dispatch Association is looking into it too."
"So the only thing you know for sure is 'if you want to kill it, smash its head'?" you asked.
"It's not really 'killing' though, just stopping their movement."
"Looks like our only option is forcing Ryan to spit it out...Let's go!!" said Ciel.

When you started to make your way toward the exit, Ronald took his weapon and when he was about to hit you, Sebastian stopped him. Sebastian turned to you:

"I'll go on ahead!" he yelled.

You nodded and pulled Ciel's arm. Chasing down Ryan, you stopped for a minute, catching your breath with Ciel.

"He sure runs fast" Ciel muttered, pulling out his gun.

A hand dropped onto his shoulder and he turned around, pointing his gun to Lizzie. She screamed while Ciel let out a short gasp.

"Lizzie?!"
"ARE YOU PLANNING TO SHOOT YOUR FIANCÉE?!"
"WHY ARE YOU HERE ANYWAY?!"
"I SAW YOU RUN OFF SO I FOLLOWED YOU!"

While they started to yell at each other like an old married couple, you couldn't help but stare at them with a sweat drop. You just hoped it wouldn't be like that with Sebastian. Ciel quickly shut Elizabeth up.