10| promises

warning! *slight* manipulative behavior is present in this chapter

"i'll do my best, i promise i'll live till i'm above 12 years old"

。。。。

"y/n-san, how was it like back from where you came from?" the bird-man asked while he sat on one of the tables, ignoring his quirk who was begging him to ask the h/c-ette for apples.

their last period has ended, allowing the students to go home for the rest of the day. 

a few of their other classmates had managed to overhear the conversation, and invited themselves to listen as well.

'is he onto me too? what a hassle' the h/c-ette thought to herself, it annoyed her enough to deal with the other three, did she have to deal with this guy too? 

from what she's observed, tokoyami was quite smart. his abilities- if trained enough, would most likely be on par with their stronger classmates, maybe even overpower them from time to time.

"hm, we had nice food and everyone was really kind. why do you ask, tokoyami-kun?" she asked with her usual calm smile, discreetly looking for any signs of suspicion from her slightly-noble classmate.

"nothing really, just curious and all. 

you must miss them a lot if thats the case"

she was fairly startled by his latter statement, her façade slightly faltering a bit. though she looked calm, she still needed to take a deep breath, trying not to overthink his statement

'its okay, he don't know anything. they don't know anything. i can still leave this place quietly, i can still find home without them having to discover the truth. they don't know. they don't know anything. i can be with norman again, i can goof around with emma again, i can laugh with ray again, it'll be us four, together forever. as long as 1a doesn't know, it'll be fine.'

though it had returned just as quickly as it had gone, it didn't go unnoticed.

in fact, it seemed her classmates were a bit taken a back by her expression. it was only for a second, i swear it was just a second, but the look she had shown were painted into her classmates' minds, and the feeling she accidentally let out was engraved in their hearts.

so much longing, pain, love, it was overwhelming.

just how much bottled up emotion did a simple statement trigger?

"you must miss them a lot if thats the case"

or better yet, how much more of it was she keeping? 

so much emotion, yet so little had shown but instead of questioning her past that they knew nothing about, her friends had a different concern in their minds.