17| half-lies and unanswered questions

i wrote over 3000 words in a span of an hour so yes i do work well under pressure

。。。。

"the authorities would like to discuss important matters with you"

"the what?"

"nezu, along with people from the government would like to have a chat

"nezu, along with people from the government would like to have a chat." he rephrased, an annoyed look replacing his usual deadpan expression. he had his phone in hand, seemingly having just gotten off a call.

for context, the h/c-ette had just gotten home from her time with denki and jirou, and was met with her guardian waiting for her at the door looking restless.

"why didn't you pick up your phone? i got that stupid thing for you so i can reach you at all times" he stated, an edge to his tone of voice. the h/c-ette sweat dropped, bringing said device out of her pocket and looking to see a few missed calls from aizawa himself.

"heh, its on silent— e-eh?! don't look at me like that, it wasn't intentional!" she shrieked, intimidated from the disappointed/angry glare aizawa was giving. for a man that looked half dead most of the time, he really was scary whenever he wanted to be.

'imagine getting killed for not answering a call—'

she really did need her sleep, didn't she?

the man grumbled in annoyance, spouting a 'lets just go' as he headed out the door while the girl only made a sound of confusion as she followed. confused that one, he was being all grumpy, and two, they were going now?

she shook her head and followed the tired man out, a skip in her step as she walked beside him. usually, the thoughts in her head would be more logical things like "oh maybe he's in a bad mood" or "the authorities probably got on his nerves"

but she's wasn't exactly in the right headspace right now, being deprived on sleep and braincells and all

so instead, she concluded to him being a tsundere figurative-father that got worried that his good-for-nothing-figurative-daughter wasn't picking up his calls.

was she right? maybe. there was only one way to find out

"ne, aizawa-san, were you worried by any chance?" she asked, taking note of how the man's shoulders tensed up from being called out.

now now, aizawa shōta was a man of pride. he didn't get unnerved by silly things such as one of his (*ehem ehem* favorite) pupils not answering the phone. definitely not because he actually started to care for her after being around her for quite some time.

definitely not that.

okay maybe he was kinda worried-

bUT, in his defense, the villain attack on the u.s.j hadn't been too long ago. and the call from nezu telling him people from the government wanted to interrogate the h/c-ette didn't exactly help calm him down. not that he'd ever say it out loud.