14| sweet and spicy

"i'll treat you to ice cream"

"shut the fuck up"

"though you didn't have to, i really appreciate you waiting for me, kyo-kun" she said gratefully, relishing in the fact that she wouldn't be alone with her thoughts for now

the h/c-ette had just step out of the restroom, and to her pleasant surprise, the white-head had been patiently waiting for her. he stood there nervously with a f/d in hands and an awkward smile decorating his lips.

"its not a bother, really. i.. i'm just really sorry for what my brother did, i'm sure he'll be back though! he'll take you back home, i swear on it!" he said hopefully, apologizing for the nth time since the last hour.

'he's a fucking gentleman goodness gracious now i feel bad for cursing his brother' she shook the thought off, too tired to look into it. 

her mind was a mess and her mental health was all over the place, making her feel dreadful at the very thought of existing at the moment.

the female only gave a tired smile, not bothering to hide her exhaustion. it wasn't like kyo didn't know anything, meaning she could act as she pleased.

she knew kyo wouldn't judge him regardless of how she'd act, not that she would care if he did, though it was nice knowing she didn't have to pretend to be the poise and well-put-together 1a kid she had showed to be.

"i'll keep you company if you want, it must be hard having no one to talk to.." he started, unsure what reaction the girl would give to what he was about to say. the girl patiently smiled, silently encouraging him to talk 

"..y-you don't have to keep smiling you know" he hesitantly continued, afraid of how the h/c-ette might react. 

he knew it wasn't his place to tell her how to act, how to cope, but he wanted to help her somehow. he knew how overwhelming it must've been for her, being thrown into a foreign place with no one you know and having to keep it secret, not having anyone to comfort you or to talk to.

but he was here now. her thoughts were safe with him. it was the least he could do, after all.

the girl on the other hand.. her smile became strained.

'you don't have to keep smiling'  but it was all she knew to do. she'd done it so much she had forgotten how other emotions really felt like. sure, she could act it out, but that didn't mean expressing it. 

she had ignored her disastrous emotions and instead focused on her tasks at hand, which was a big mistake if you wanted to keep yourself from becoming a sociopath.

though a thought was tugging at her mind and heartstrings, making her feel more homesick than she already was.

'he acts so much like norman'