New Family?

Kat's POV

Lieutenant Hawkeye walked with me to the restrooms. 

"Katherine, do you know Edward?" she asked, looking ahead, her maroon eyes scrutinizing the hallway.

"Umm, not really, why?" Well, I want to know him. He seems, distant in a way.

"Mustang is very fond of him and I believe that he likes you."

"What does that have to do with me knowing Elric?" I furrowed my eyebrows, confusion washing out my voice.

"Well, you were crying in his arms. I'm sorry for interfering." She stuttered.

Hawkeye looked down at me with a fond look in her eyes.

Hawkeye's POV

Kat seemed like a nice girl. My eyes drifted upwards, stopping at the peak of my blonde hair. Memories flooded me. Roy always moved my hair away from my eyes. He'd say it was so i could make sure I was concentrating. I had to muffle my laugh that day. I remember when I met Roy and cried in his arms. My father had tattooed my back with his secrets. He's detested my father ever since. They were Sensei and Student. I had fallen into Mustang's arms and cried for a good hour that day. I sighed. Katherine was so much like Edward. 

Kat's POV

Me and Hawkeye continued to stroll through the massive command centre. 

"Hey, Miss Hawkeye?"

"You can just call me Riza." She smiled at me. I nodded, grinning slightly.

"Why are you here? Like, I mean, why the military?"

She cleared her throat and replied. "There's someone I need to protect."

"Oh."

Mustang's POV

"Edward." I barked at him. "Wipe your face and sit back down."

"You can't tell me what to do bastard." he replied, an edge to his tone.

"Oh really. You can't talk to a superior like that Fullmetal." He sat down and raised his eyebrows.

"Oh really. And you just let a random, hot girl slap your face and pin you to the floor."

I smirked and placed my hands underneath my chin.

"Hot, did you say?" his face started to burn up as I spoke. "Well, she was pretty cute. Oh, and her chest caught out Havoc too. I must say Fullmetal. You have some great taste."

He shot out of his chair and shouted, "NO! I DON'T THINK THAT SHE'S CUTE AND SHE HAS A NORMAL SIZED CHEST THINGY."

I laughed out loud and motioned for him to sit down.

"Do you know who she is?"

"I-I think so. She lived with my Sensei. B-but, I don't know." Fullmetal stuttered. His eyes widened. "What was her last name?"

Fox. "I didn't quite catch it." I lied smoothly.

Kat's POV

I washed my face as I looked towards the mirror. My complexion was pale and I my eyes were puffy. I brushed my 'half and half' hair and plaited two small pieces from each side. I sighed. Why did I cry like an idiot in there?! What a stupid impression. Ugh.

Walking out of the ladies room, I strutted back to Mustang's Office with Riza behind me.

Mustang's POV

Fox. The Foxes. The doctors. No. It cant be them. They can't have been the ones who-

"Okay, but are you going to let her do the exam?" Edward asked, interrupting my thinking.