Red, Pain and Hurt

Kat's POV

in the office

Me and Edward were sitting in front of Mustang.

I slapped my hands on the table. "We're going after Scar. Period."

"No Kat. You're not. It's too damn dangerous." Mustang looked at me.

"I don't give a damn."

Hughes walked in. "Kat, you and Edward can't go, it's too dangerous for you."

"Hughes!" I complained. "Come one! It's not like I'm going to die! Do you even know us?!"

"Fine, I'm going to Ed and Al's room." I added.

Mustang smirked and opened his mouth to say something.

"Don't even-" I interrupted him.

"Kat, I'm coming with you." Ed said.

Mustang's grin widened. I narrowed my eyes at him. "Mustang, just I, can't even-"

I nodded. We walked to his room and Al came out.

"Hey Al! We're going out to find a serial killer." I told him nonchalantly.

"No! Kat, brother, it's too dangerous!"

I walked out of the room. "Fine. I'm coming." Al said, following me and Edward.

Me, Ed and Al went to Riza's door. About to turn away, she opened her door and called us. "Oh hey, Edward, Kat, Alphonse, what are you doing here so early?

"Oh, hey Riza, um, what's going to happen to Tucker and Nina?"

"Well, Tucker was scheduled to have his license revoked and put on trial in Central, but they both died."

"Well, to be more precise, they were killed. You guys would've found out anyway, even if we tried to hide it from you."

Our eyes widened in shock.

No. Now there's no chance of getting Nina back to normal.

"What, why, BY WHO?!" Ed asked.

"I don't know, I'm on my way to the location right now."

She walked away.

"We're coming too."

"No."

"Why not?"

Riza turned around. "It's better that you don't see."

Mustang's POV

Maes and his colleague Major Armstrong came to me.

"Hey, hey Colonel Mustang." he called me, teasing my ranking. "We came to get Tucker alive."

I sighed.

He pointed towards the body underneath the blanket. "Are you telling us to put this corpse on trial?" 

Rolling my eyes, I subconsciously listened to them, my head filled with worry.

Looking towards Armstrong he spoke again. "Man, we didn't come all the way out here to do an autopsy."

Holding my head in my hands, I replied. "Lieutenant Colonel Hughes... you don't need to remind us of our mistake. Please, just take a look."

Maes picked up the blanket. "Hmm, if this guy really used his own family as an experiment, it must have been divine justice."

The blown-up, blood-stained body lay there, lifeless. "Eww, just as I thought." he said again. "Did the guards outside die the same way?"