The Lion Falls For The Lamb

Mustang's POV

I'M SUCH AN IDIOT! HOW COULD I DO THAT TO HER?! Damn. Her trust for me has to be gone by now.  This so damned hard. 

Kat's POV

Oh yeah. I'm meeting that random dude. But, should I cancel? I mean, I only said yes out of boredom. Okay, that's a lie. I said yes because I didn't care about this stuff. 

Okay. So, I don't think I'm going to go. Saying yes was just me being dumb. 

walking along another alleyway

The palm tree stood there, in his own world. I pursed my lips and turned around. Suddenly he snapped out of his trance and spoke, "Hey! You!"

I walked faster.

Envy's POV

Kat was walking faster. Did she know? I shrugged. 

Locking my icy hand on her narrow wrist, I pulled her back. "What the heck palm tree? What's your name anyways? Ugh. I knew this was a bad idea."

"Where are my manners? I'm Envy."

Placing my hand on her waist, I looked at her. She raised her eyebrows. I smiled softly. How could I hurt her? But, Father said...

Both my hands were on her waist and I was gazing at her eyes. They were fiery. Kat didn't try to move, which shocked me a little, considering the fact that she's punched even Mustang and Elric. 

Why me? Why did I, a powerful Homunculus, have to fall for the human? I'm Envy. All powerful Envy! Why a mere human? Humans are so pathetic. I'm the shape-shifter. Kat was deep in thought, looking through me. 

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I whispered. I quickly leaned forward and kissed her cheek. Her eyes widened. Just then, I used all my strength to hit her head and knock her down.

"AHHHHH." she groaned in pain.

I bit my lip. "This is a warning to your beloved Mustang and Edward." Confidence masked the woe in my voice. 

Kicking her face, she was unconscious. Her face and ears were bleeding. I ran away, gulping.

Kat's POV

"This is a warning for your beloved-" I didn't hear the rest. It was all blurry and fuzzy. 

My eyes opened. Mustang's hand was holding mine. His face was weary, as always. Ugh. 

"What happened?" I asked, staring at him. 

I could hear him getting a pen and pad out. What? Why? He scribbled something on.

You got hurt.

"Why are you writing, I can hear you know!"

He smiled uneasily. Your ears are very sensitive. 

"But, but, I want to hear you." I complained. Mustang smiled and kissed my forehead. I'm sorry darling, but you can't right now.

I frowned. Standing up, I looked at him.

"If you don't talk right now, I will kill you." I said, smiling sweetly. 

He raised eyebrows. "Dramatic much Kat?"

I grinned and hugged his waist. Mustang hugged me back. What the hell happened?

Edward came bursting in. "YAYY KAT ARE YOU OKAY?!" he shouted. 

I winced. Mustang saw and covered my ears with his hands. "Edward! Be quiet!" he whisper-screamed. Ed paused and then realised.  

Smiling as Mustang picked me up, I held his face and looked at his onyx eyes. He smiled softly, wearily. Edward laughed. I narrowed my eyes. Putting me back down, Mustang asked some questions. "What did you do Kat?"  

"I, uh, met someone called Envy and then he, uh, kissed my cheek, and-" Mustang raised his eyebrows. "-he hit my head and kicked me really hard! But, it wasn't human strength, I swear. He's probably a Homuculus. He said something about this being a warning for my beloved something. I didn't hear the rest." 

His eyes widened. I cocked my head and looked at him. Mustang looked away. I grabbed his chin harshly and turned him to look at me. He looked like he was in pain.

"What's wrong? Mustang? Please, look at me!" I asked. 

"It's my fault." he replied in a monotone voice. "You're hurt because of me. Your beautiful face is scarred, your body bleeding."

"Haha. Very funny Mustang. Since when did I care about those stupid things." I said uneasily.

"No. I can't do this. I'm hurting you."

I slapped his face. He snapped out of it and looked directly into my cobalt eyes. 

"You idiot. No. If you go away, how am I supposed to live. And who'll call Edward short?"

"HEY WHO ARE-" Ed started to shout, retaliating. 

"Kat, look at you. Look in the mirror."

I looked at it. A pale girl with bright eyes looked back at me. I pretended to ignore the scars. 

"I look the same." I shrugged. 

Mustang sighed. "Why are you so stubborn Kat?"

"Hey, you knew that when you met me, idiot."

He didn't smile. I furrowed my eyebrows. Putting my hand on his shoulder, he shrugged it away. 

I laughed uneasily. "Haha, very funny Mustang, stop with the joke, I-"

Mustang locked his dark eyes with mine, scrutinising me. "Kat. This. Is. Not. A. Joke."

I bit my lip. "But-"

"Kat. Listen. You may not care about what happens to you, but I do. Okay? So, if this Envy dude said it was a warning, then I can't be near you."

I put my fingers around his wrist. The bones were jutted out. Since when was he so, bony? The skin was thin.

"Mustang, why- You need to eat more! Ed! Can you bring him a meal from my tab?"

He nodded. 

Mustang tried to pull away from my grip, to no avail. "It's nothing."

"Mustang, stop it. Just, listen to me. If you go away, you're neglecting me-"

I stopped when his eyes widened in horror at the word 'neglected'. 

"What's wrong-"

Mustang pulled me into a hug, his hands holding my back. 

What was so bad about that word?

I mean, it's not like it's new to me. 

Alone in the playground. 

On the swings. 

The look in their eyes. The fear. The disgust. 

All by myself. 

The tears running down my face. 

No one wanted to know me, speak to me, or even look at me.