First Date and The Truth

Kat's POV

I wore a pale purple vest top and a black skirt.

Mustang was dropping me off at the restaurant where I was meeting Elric.

"Kat, come home-"

"Home? I have a home? Your home?" Home. I had a home with Izumi. But that's gone now. A home...

He pulled me in close and hugged me. I placed my arms around his waist. My eyes were tearing up.

"My home is your home."

"Hey Elric!" He was wearing his red cloak. I rolled my eyes.

"Hey." He held out his hand. I took it and we sat down in the restaurant.

We ate our food and Ed paid. I had no idea that State Alchemists were paid so much. He gave such a massive tip. I shrugged it off and we went and sat down outside.

"Thanks for the dinner."

"Eh. Kat, I don't know why, but there's something about you, like I need to stay with you or something."

I flushed pink. That was sudden but... I felt the same. Ed's hand reached out and he stroked my hair. He moved in closer and hugged me. I sighed. Thank God. I was not ready for anything else. I hugged him too. He whispered in my ear. "I don't know why you're here, but I know that there's something wrong in Amestris, more specifically the military." He kissed my cheek and walked me back to his and Al's room. Suddenly, I felt really warm.

"Hey Al." I waved to him.

"Why did you bring her here, brother?"

Ed ignored his brother and let me sit down on the bed. I noticed Al leave the room silently. Well, at least he was a bit considerate.

"Kat, how did you perform alchemy like that?"

"I don't want to say. I never want to talk about it. Okay?"

He pursed his lips and then stroked my hair. He leaned forward and something touched my lips.

Wait. I blinked. Did he just kiss me? Why did I not know? A wave of confusion crashed over me. My eyes widened and he stared at me with a soft smile. 

He pulled me into a hug. I wasn't really a hug person, unless you count the people important to me. He started to cry. Wait what? Edward never cries. 

"Are you okay?" I asked, my voice muffled.

"Who. Who were you trying to bring back?" He sat up and held my hands. He was shaking, stammering and pursing his lips.

"I-I, I WAS TRYING TO BRING BACK MY PARENTS AND THEIR UNBORN CHILD!" Tears streamed down my face. "Damn, I'm crying again." I wiped the tears off of my face. 

His eyes were open with shock. "Th-three people? What did you lose?"

I looked down. Edward lifted my chin with his hands and looked at me. "Kat, what is it?"

"I made a deal with the Truth dude."

"W-what?"

"If I saved Amestris, he would leave me alone."

"If you didn't-?"

"If I didn't, he would take me away to the gateway, where I will suffer and starve to death."

He embraced me again, squeezing me tight. Lightly lifting my chin again, he held my face in  his hands. I blushed. He kissed me. But this time I knew. I smiled. 

After a while, we stood up.

"Would you like me to take you home?"

"Sure, I guess."