The Civil War

Kat's POV

I looked at the mirror. All my clothes were dark. Especially since I was living on my own after my parents died. Maybe we can go shopping. Apparently I don't have anything to do today with the military, so me and Hughes are going outside and I'm going to meet the infamous Elicia and Gracia. He talks about his wife and daughter so much. 

Walking out of the house after saying bye to Mustang, I went to Hughes's house. It looked decent. Knock, knock. A woman, whom I presumed to be Gracia, with a dark, blonde bob opened the door. I smiled. "Hey, I'm Katherine Fox."

She smiled back at me. "Yes, Maes has talked about you. I'm Gracia Hughes, his wife."

A small girl with two pigtails ran up to Gracia and tugged on her skirt.

"Oh, and this is Elicia. Our daughter." She gestured to her daughter. Gracia let me into the house.

"Come, big sister. I'm Elicia. I'm a big girl!" Elicia dragged me into the living room, grabbing my shirt. I laughed.

"Hey Hughes!" I greeted.

"Hey Kat, ooh, so you've met my Elicia, isn't she adorable." He squeezed her cheeks. She laughed.

"Daddy, stop!"

I crouched down and spoke to Elicia. "How old are you Elicia?"

She held up three fingers. "I'm thwee." 

Awww. She was so cute.

                                                                                *        *        *

Hughes led me out of the house. "Okay Kat. Where are we going?"

"Well, I was hoping to do some shopping, all these clothes are so bleak." I pulled on my dark hoodie.

"Yeah, okay."

"What about you?"

"I need to get something for my sweet Elicia. Oh, and Gracia." He said, his voice bubbling with love. I grinned.

We were walking into Central, when Hughes asked me something, "So, Kat, Roy tells me you and Edward went on a date."

My eyes widened. Obviously Mustang tells him.

"Maybe." We kept on walking.

"Is he your boyfriend?" He asked me, teasingly.

"NO. Obviously not!" I replied. He muffled a chuckle. I narrowed my eyes.

"Did you kiss?" He pressed on.

"Maybe." He raised his eyebrows."Hughes, can I ask you something, I was about to ask Riza, but then Mustang busted in."

"Okay then sure. Shoot." 

"Does Mustang like Riza?"

Hughes' POV

Haha. She knows too. 

"Yes, BUT don't tell Roy that I told you. He'll kill me; or at least burn off my mouth. And I think she likes him too..." 

She giggled.

We went to a clothes store. "Will you wait for me? I'm going to try on some clothes." She said meekly.

"Why not? Practice for the future with Elicia." I grinned to myself.

She ran around the store grabbing clothes and then went into the cubicle opposite the chair I was sitting on. Kat came out.