A Thousand 180° Turns

Kat's POV

Ed's been looking at me since that day, wearily. Hurt. 

I ignored it and went on with my life. 

in the evening

I was walking around Central, when I saw a dude with this weird, spiky hair. He was looking at me, his head cocked. His eyebrows were furrowed and he had his hands on his hips. Strutting up to him, I smacked his face. He flinched slightly. 

Envy's POV

The Kat girl was walking around Central. She was in a narrow alleyway. I looked at her, my head tilted to the side. Her hair was really long. It was black and white. She had these clear blue eyes and was staring at me. She strolled up to me and smacked my face. Ow. I actually felt that one. 

"Why are you staring at me freak? You look like a palm-tree." the girl asked, her eyes were full of fire.         

"Freak? I'm slightly offended." I replied, sarcastically. "You must be Katherine?"

"It's Kat- how do you know my name?" Her hand was resting on her hip. She was pretty, for a human at 

"I have my ways."

"Okay, then, get out of my way."

I raised my eyebrows as walked forwards. So, she was serious. I smirked. 

"One second, little girl." Holding her shoulders, I looked at her eyes. She frowned. I wrapped my hand around my waist and her frown softened. I found my face smiling as she did so. What? 

"What do you want?" she asked, not moving from my hold. 

"Can I meet you on Saturday?" I asked nonchalantly. Our plan is going well.  

"Dude, I haven't even known you for five minutes." she sighed. "Fine."

Katherine. No, I mean Kat, is beautiful. 

Kat's POV

in another alleyway after meeting Envy

That boy was, uh, cool? Oh, I didn't catch his name did I? Huh. 

I miss Mustang. And Edward. It's been over a week. 

Someone called my name. "Hey, Kat!"

I turned around and saw Edward. When I did, I bumped into something. Looking up, I saw Mustang. A smile lit up my face. 

"Hey Mustang! 'Sup. I'm so sor-"

Suddenly, his cold hand slapped my face, sending me flying. 

"WHAT DID YOU HIT HER F-" Edward started to say.

"Colonel-" Hawkeye said, sadness overwhelming her. 

"You forget your place, Fox. How dare you speak to a superior in that manner?!" He asked, threatening. Mustang was towering over me, his eyes looking down at me. I bit my lip, trembling. I'm not scared, but I'm kind of shocked. He winced as I looked away. 

I held my face. What? 

"I'M GOING TO SPEAK TO YOU HOWEVER I WANT YOU BASTARD! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU HIT ME FOR?! YOU WOULDN'T HIT ONE OF YOUR FREAKING SUBORDINATES IF THEY DID THAT!" I shouted. 

He stood there, not moving. "I am your superior and therefore you follow my orders. You are working under my supervision. You may not leave headquarters and you will come when you are called for duty." Mustang ordered. He wouldn't look at me. 

What the hell is happening?  

"Why? Why should I listen to you?"

I looked directly into his eyes. They were sparkling with anger and fear. He made eye contact and gulped. I narrowed my eyes. Mustang broke it off. 

"Because you have to." he replied simply. 

I ran away from him. Edward came towards me and caught me in his arms. I didn't flinch. He held me there, cursing Mustang. "WHAT THE HELL YOU BASTARD?!" Ed was holding me, but I couldn't care less. "YOU'VE NEVER HIT ANY OF YOUR SUBORDINATES! AND WHY KAT?! YOU SAID YOU LOVE HER!"

I winced.   

"It's none of your damn business Fullmetal."

"Colonel Mustang." Hawkeye shouted. He turned around to face her. Her gun was cocked and she was looking at his onyx eyes, biting her lips. "Do you remember what you said? If you ever went out of line...? Well you just did."

He looked at her and then at me, but walked on. She shot her gun. The bullet hit the bottom of his shoe, pinning him. "Damn it Lieutenant, leave it alone." Mustang said. He took out the bullet from his shoes, as if it was a splinter. 

"No Col-"

"MUSTANG!" I shouted. "Mustang please." Edward let go of me and I went to Mustang. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I didn't mean what I said last week. I'm so sorry."

I was looking up at him, my eyes wide. Lightly kissing his cheek, I cocked my head. Riza sighed, smiling softly. That changed in an instant. Mustang snapped his fingers and a ring of fire was surrounding me. I clapped my hands and the ground beneath me shot up so that I could jump out.

"Miss Katherine Fox, that is not how you act with an officer."

I looked at him coldly. "Fine, Mustang. But know this. I hate you." I emphasised every word. "I trusted you."

Mustang flinched at the word hate. He gulped. 

"Katherine." He reached out.

"DO YOU KNOW HOW BAD THIS HURTS? I THOUGHT YOU KNEW! I WASN'T GOING TO ICE YOU OUT FOREVER! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE THE ONE WHO STAYED. THE ONE WHO I COULD COME UP TO AND TALK ABOUT EVERYTHING! NO! HUGHES DIDN'T GIVE UP ON ME! YOU FREAKING DID! AT LEAST HE NEVER NEGLECTED ME! YOU REALLY ARE A MORON!"

His hand held my wrist. "Kat. You don't understand."

"What? What do I not understand?" 

He ignored the question and kissed my forehead. I frowned. "You just did the biggest 180 I've ever seen."

"And you? With all the 'I hate you's'?"

"Who said that was a lie? You're too late."

His face was pained. 

"Bye Mustang."

I strolled away as he shouted my name. This is what he deserves. I love him. I really do. He can take me back. But he needs to do it soon.

He ran back to me and picked me up. He held me tight, even when I kicked his stomach. 

"No. I'm sorry. What I did is... well, I'm not doing it again. But, I'm not leaving you. I will not neglect you. I'm so sorry Kat." 

"I-"

I cupped his ashen face with my pale hands and looked at him. 

"Don't be a wimp, you idiot." I jumped down and held his hand. Dragging him back home, I blabbered on. "So you burnt the edge of my skirt, we'll be needing a new one of those. And you hit my face, so we'll negotiate that later. But listen, if you hurt me again, there's no turning back. I bluffed the last time. Well, not really, but I love you too much for that."

He laughed..

Envy's POV

So. She's back to normal. That's good.