4. sleeping poodle

Harry's POV:

"Harry?" My name leaves Mandy's full lips, and I'm surprised she remembers my name. She never bothered contacting me about the dinner. I thought she would have forgotten me by now.

"Why are you here?" Her low voice shocks me again. How can such a tiny have such a low voice? I just don't get it...

"I need to pick up some things... Why are you here?" I mirror her question.

"Crissy is at an intership interview. She is watching her parent's dog and she needed someone to watch him while she's at the interview."

"Ah. She hates dogs. That was one thing we had in commons; we both prefer cats. Although, I don't mind dogs." I tell Mandy. She frowns.

"I'm not an animal lover, although fish are nice." She comments and I shrug.

"Not even cats?"

Mandy scrunches her nose.

"They're okay. I think I would like them more if I wasn't so allergic." And then it clicks. I nod.

"Well that explains it. Mind if I come in?" I ask and her mouth falls open. She's embarrassed. I smirk. This girl get's so flustered over the tiniest things. Why?

"Um, yeah, sure. Sorry. I don't know what was, well- nevermind."

"Not a problem." I say. My eyes wander the familiar bedroom of my ex, and I feel my shoulders feeling a bit heavier.

I've missed being up here. Not because of Crissy, but because I missed sleeping here, sleeping with someone. My bed gets lonely; I hate sleeping alone. If only they had prostitutes for purely just sleep, I would be hiring one every night. I have even considered getting one of those body pillows. Maybe when I've save up a bit more I will invest in something. For now, I'll just have to keep stealing my roommate's extra throw pillows.

As soon as I see the dog, I can't resist. In a flash, I'm on my knees and petting the darn thing. Children are cute, and I don't mind them, but animals are my one true weakness. The mere sight of a cat, and I'm swooning more than a preteen at a boyband concert. Dogs don't excite me as much, but they're adorable as well.

And this dog is so freaking cute.

I continue petting it for a while, and he eventually puts his head down and goes back to snore a few minutes later. I take that as my cue to get up.

"So, do you know where your stuff should be?" Mandy asks quietly. Why is she so shy? She hasn't looked me in the eye for more than several seconds since the party. She's either embarrassed to see me, intimidated, or both. Either way, she shouldn't be. If anything, I should be. She never texted me. Clearly I read her signals wrong. I thought she wanted me back in that closet. Her eyes and body language were all "kiss me, kiss me, Harry!" But I was too afraid to make a move and do something about it. I'm not used to one night stands. I don't mind waiting until the third, fourth, or even fifth date to finally have sex with someone. That stuff just isn't important, I guess. Sex is a very intimate thing to me, and I don't like to waste it. But that still doesn't mean this girl doesn't turn me on. She's so freaking innocent, and yet, she's not. She clearly knows what she's talking about, but she just hasn't explored anything enough to fully understand it. I would be happy showing her things, teaching her about her body. She's a very beautiful woman, and she should appreciate what she has.

But does is she even into me like that?

Is she freaked out by me because I didn't even know her, dragged her into a closet, and basically told her my whole life story? It was odd, I'll admit it, but I was just doing something to make the time go by faster. I just wanted her to stop crying.