18. problems

Harry's POV:

By the time I get home from work, I am exhausted. I have only dropped Mandy off a few hours ago, and it feels like days. I wonder what she's doing. Is she doing homework? Is she out?

She's probably watching Doctor Who...

I smile at the thought.

Nerd.

Sliding in the keys, I gently push the door open and walk inside. I can hear the brief murmur of the TV coming from my bedroom. Louis is back.

Wow, it's been nearly eight days since he's left. Where was he?

"Lou!" I call after the boy as I set my bag down. My shoulder is aching from carrying my laptop and some manuscripts my boss wants me too look over by tomorrow evening. I shrug away the pain. I'll have to pay close attention to that area in tomorrows yoga session...

"Lou, where are- Oh! There you are! Shit, are you sleep- I'll just let you be, then-" Louis stops me from leaving my bedroom by turning over to face me. He looks pissed. What now?

"Hey, how was your-"

"Cut the crap, Styles." Louis' snarl catches me off guard and I blink at him in confusion.

"What do you mean? I just came in to ask you how your day was going-"

"What, first, breakfast for two, and then this?" Louis stands abruptly, and I stumble back, grabbing onto the doorway for support. Shit. What is he talking about?

"Louis, I don't understand-"

"You let her borrow my leggings!" Louis bursts, seething with rage. He grabs my stuffed kitten and sends it flying towards my head. I duck, gasping in shock.

"Don't throw that around! Henry gave it-"

"Shut up about Henry!" Louis sputters and grabs the fringe towards the front of his head.

"Why?" Louis grinds his teeth. I can feel my heartrate pick up.

"Why her? Why my leggings? You have some! I used to borrow them all the time! Why mine?" Louis' voice cracks. He sounds heartbroken, the anger slipping away and revealing pain.

"She's too short! They wouldn't have- Never mind. I'm sorry, alright! I didn't think it would be that big of a deal! They're just pants! What's the issue?"

"The issue," Louis spits out the word as if it leaves a sour taste in his mouth.

"Is that they are mine! My clothes! She's already taken so much... God, why would you do this?" Louis bends down and collapsed onto the bed dramatically. Leave it to Lou to make everything about himself. Doesn't he realize how great I am with Mandy? They're just pants! Can't he push past his obvious jealously and see that how happy I am!

"Louis, come on. You're being a bit overdramatic-"

"Overdramatic?" Louis looks at me with so much hurt, as if I have just told him that his mother had died.

"You barely even know her, Harry! And you let her come over and disturb the apartment! Disturb our apartment! Incase you haven't realized, but I live here! Not her! That is my bed in there! Not hers! I pay for the damn TV and internet that she just loves to use! Do you not see what she's doing to you? Letting you believe that she is some nice girl so she can secretly swoop in and take over our life! Take over what we have!"

I have to turn around and step out of the room to calm myself. Sighing heavily, I bend forward and rest my hands on my knees. I try to calm myself, taking deep, soothing breaths. But Louis doesn't seem to be done with me yet.