14. credit cards

Mandy's POV:

Harry stops the car in front of my dorm building. My knee caps are cool and damp from Harry's cleaning as well as some excess blood that leaked out during the car ride. I look up at the large building through the window. I shudder at the amount of dark windows.

"Um," I stare down at my knotted fingers in my lap. Nerves catch me, and I swallow anxiously. Harry doesn't miss a beat. His hand is covering both of mine in less than a second. I turn towards him. His eyes are desperate, frantically searching mine for any assurance that I am okay. The truth is that I'm not; I'm exhausted- mentally and physically- and yet, my nerves are still on overdrive. I'm more alert than I have ever been, although every muscle is aching.

"What is it? What's wrong?" Harry's voice is low, musky and territorial. Gosh, when he said he wanted me to be his, I didn't realize how serious he was being. The atmosphere between us has changed, more charged, more tense. I can't deny I'm beyond flattered by his protective nature, but it's also a bit intimidating. He was right before; we barely know each other. I don't even know his last name...

"Do you, um, mind, if I.... Well, it's so dark and I have this ridicoulous fear of the dark- always have, I still sleep with a nightlight on- and with everything that has happened tonight, I really don't want to, um, sleep in my dorm by myself. So, I was just- if you want me to- can, I, um, stay at your place? Just for tonight? It's just so much calmer there and not so lonely, and-"

Harry lets out a deep sigh, and then surprises me with a soft chuckle.

"God, I thought something was really- Yes. Yes, of course you can. I wasn't kidding about you moving in- not that you are. I know you're not right now. But, of course you can stay tonight. I like having you there. With Lou barely around, sometimes it can get a bit... Lonely. It's good having someone to talk to."

Relief rolls through me. I smile back back at Harry and thank him quietly. He nods.

"Do you mind if I go change first? This is so freaking tight and I just need to breathe a bit."

Harry agrees and turns off the car.

"I'll wait here."

I look away, feeling doubtful. Slowly, I move my hand towards the handle. Anxiety fills me. I take a few shaky breathes. I don't want to go outside alone right now. Harry must notice my apprehension.

"Unless you want me to come with you? I can help you carry some bags, if you want to bring anything."

"Sure!" The excitement laced in my tone is a little over-the-top. Blushing, I mentally curse my own stupidity, and Harry smirks in amusement.

"I mean, cool. Come on."

Harry and I reach my dorm room in barely anytime, and I hold the door for him. He steps inside and towards the right to allow me to move forward. I rush towards the desk, and my hands fumble with the lamp switch. I quickly turn it on, and the whole room is illuminated. Harry is standing in the corner of my room near my closet. I run a nervous hand through my hair.

At least this place looks decent tonight. My roommate must have cleaned up before she left...

"Alright, well I'm just going to change into some pajamas."

Harry shrugs, and then looks down at his fingers lazily. Clearing my throat, he glances back up at me curiously.

"Can you, um, turn-"

"Oh, yeah. Shit, sorry."

Harry spins on his toes so he is facing the closet doors. Grinning like a child, I search for the pajamas I wore last night. I find the white long-sleeved shirt, and the cotton bottoms. Rolling my eyes, I see the santa print on the material of the pants. He'll probably laugh at me. Oh well, with everything that has happened tonight, I could care less what he thinks of my pajamas at this point.