22. abnormal activity

Harry's POV:

On Friday night I leave to pick Mandy up around six-thirty. I remember Liam telling me the party starts at seven, so a half an hour should give Mandy and I plenty of time to get back to the building and go by the pool and just relax. Hopefully we can talk about how we left things the last time we saw each other; Mandy asked me to bring her home as soon as I returned from work. Her hair had been wet, and her skinned look much more pink than previously, but she did not say much. Hopefully we can make things a little less awkward.

I text Mandy, allowing her to know that I am here, and then I wait. I figure instead of trying to wait for someone to pass by to let me in the building that I will just allow Mandy to come out on her own. Obviously, I don't want to offend her by not meeting her, but I think this will make it easier on all parties. If she does not have to worry about me getting up there, she can finish up and meet me here faster.

Four minutes later, I see the front door open, and a tall man steps to the side to allow Mandy to step out. She thanks him kindly, and then starts heading towards the car. I hop out and run over to the other side. My heart is racing; I am finally going to be able to introduce Mandy as my girlfriend tonight. It might be too early- hell, it is too early- but I can't help the excitement bubbling inside of me. Mandy makes me so happy, and now I can finally show everyone else just how happy I am to be with her.

A burst of wind brushes by, and I smell a very sweet, flowery perfume. I pick my head up, and when I do, I can't help but suck in a quick breath.

Mandy is dressed simply, as well, but there is subtle difference in the way she holds herself today. Her skin is slightly darker; her bare arms more golden than usual. I am shocked to see that she is showing off her bare skin at all, let alone in the floral tank she is wearing. Tight, black jeans hug her thin legs in a way that makes my heart hammer softly against my chest. I can see the lace trimming on her cammy below the tank. Even her toes are showing in the black sandals she is wearing. I notice eyeliner and a bit of rose tint on her cheeks; she looks stunning.

"M-Mandy-"

"Harold." Mandy snaps as she steps closer to me, her eyes narrow as she edges towards me. Suddenly, without warning, she slams me back against the car, and her lips are attached on mine at most. Her arms slink around my neck, and her fingers twist within my loose hair. I moan, completely thrown off guard, and my eyes flutter closed.

Just as I am about to place my hands on her hips, trying to hold myself steady against her, she pulls away and stands back. Frozen in place, I blink down at her, waiting for her reaction. She only tips her head to the side, raising a brow.

She's testing you. My subconscious clues me in on the situation.

She wants to see if you really meant what you told her. She's trying to see how strong you are- she's trying to prove you wrong.

Clearing my throat, I stumble forward and pull the passenger door open for Mandy. She pushes past me and slips inside. Shaking my head in disbelief, I close the door gently and jump inside on the drivers side.

I glance over at Mandy, and I already I can see the change within her. Her breasts are larger- a pushup bra, for sure. Her sweat pants have been trashed for jeans that accentuate her small curves. She sits up straight, a purse tucked neatly within her lap. Her head is turned away from me, her lips pursed. Instinctively, I grab her hand. She shutters and turns towards me, and I don't expect the coy smile that peels up the edges of her lips.

"You look lovely." I tell her softly, hoping she'll forgive me for whatever I've done. She doesn't even try to roll her eyes, giving me the feeling she knows she looks more than sexy tonight. I hope she isn't faking this confidence; she may be acting a bit rude, but it is much better than having her hide behind oversized sweatshirts and dark colors.