Chapter 23

"Good morning beautiful." Gerard smiled down at me pressing another kiss to my lips after the one which had woken me.

"Is flattery how you plan to get me out of bed?" I joked smirking at him cheekily.

"Oh you know I would much rather have you in bed all day if I could." He winked leaning down to kiss me again, but stopping when there was a loud cough from the door. He grunted, rolling over and looking up at Mikey in the doorway, who was itching the back of his head awkwardly and staring at the floor.

"Uh, Gee?" He threw his hands to the side in questioning, looking at Gerard as if expecting him to answer a question.

"Right, yes, Frankie, I gotta go to the school this morning, do you want to stay, come with me or go...somewhere else." He asked me intertwining our fingers, placing his other hand over mine and looking down at my hand like it was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

In my head I thought about all the possible things I could do today, I could do nothing, or I could wander around Belleville aimlessly, I could spend time with Hannah, I could spend time with my parents, I could even try to find some of my other friends. On the other hand, I could go with Gerard see what the hell has been happening at the hellhole they call school, but I really didn't want to do that. Most importantly, or the most important to me before we left, the one thing I would never forgive myself for if I didn't do; go to see Jamia.

"Uh, I-I d'know wh-what do you want me to do?" I shrugged, after all whatever I did depended on Gerard's plans, what he had planned for this afternoon or tomorrow or Saturday.

"I'm supposed to be done by eleven, and Hannah wants you at the hospital this afternoon, so-"

"Oh yeah Alicia wants you both all day tomorrow." Mikey added, I screwed my eyes shut so as not to say pr do anything pathetic, how did I know she would tell everyone, I would have to spend the day apologizing and socializing again all day tomorrow.

"So this morning and Saturday you can do whatever the fuck you want." He smiled, he squeezed my hand reassuringly sensing my unhappiness and unease about tomorrow.

"Right, uh, I'll probably go t-to the cemetery then." I smiled weakly, she deserved for to go and at least make a proper closure rather than just leave, I should have made a proper closure to everyone rather than just leave, but at least hey could come and find me, she couldn't she deserved me to go and apologize at the least.

"You sure, I can come with you later if you'd rather." He smiled encouragingly at me knowing full well why I would go and why I was little upset about it.

"Uh, n-no it's fine probably best if- yeah no it's fine." I smiled resting my head on his shoulder and looking down at my hand in between his two, I didn't care that Mikey didn't like me, I loved Gee and I didn't care he was stood watching me love his brother, I did and he could never stop that.

"Um, then no thanks Mikey, I'll drive." He smiled at Mikey, I'm guessing Mikey had probably offered to take Gerard to school, but he had politely declined and it wasn't hard for me to guess why.

***

Just as I had suspected Gerard had wanted to drive, to take me to Starbucks for coffee, before making sure I was safe and happy - or as happy as I could be - at the cemetery, confirming he would meet me back at Starbucks between eleven and eleven thirty. Gerard was too good to me, there was no debate on the matter, Gerard treated me much better than I deserved. To clear any confusion, I mean that no guy who just gets up and disappears in the night, not to be seen for five years, doesn't deserve to be forgiven at the click of a finger, doesn't deserve somebody's undivided attention and endless love, doesn't deserve to have said person around helping him with every aspect of his life, certainly doesn't deserve to be treated like the only person in the world, or at least like the most important person in the world. One thing was for sure, it was in no way his job to act like Kyle's Mom, treat Kyle the way he does and be so good to the both of us, he was just a man who deserved more than I could ever give him.