ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖

Y/n's pov

I woke up on the couch, my head was pounding, and I was so sleepy. I didnt want to sleep any longer though. Despite my body's protests, I hauled myself off the couch and down to the kitchen.

"Hi, mom" I greeted when I saw her doing the dishes.

"Hi y/n, did you have a good sleep?" She asked me as I started looking through the cupboards.

"Yes it was nice actually." I told her, still looking. I needed some to put into my coffee maker upstairs, then I could create my amazing coffee.

"That's good to hear." She smiled as she dried her hands off and walked away.

"Whatcha looking for puppet?" Klaus asked me as he sat down at the table.

"Coffee, I need caffeine so badly." I informed.

He was about to say something when Allison walked in.

"Where's Vanya?" I asked her as she took a spot next to Klaus.

"Oh she's gone." Klaus told me, my eyes widened.

Shit.

"Why?" I asked finally giving up on the coffee and ignoring the voice in the back of my head.

"Dont know, she took a taxi and just left." Number Three shrugged.

"Damn... I was gonna ask her about herself." I sighed as I walked out.

"Where are you going?" Allison asked me sharply.

"To get some coffee." I told her, stopping to look at the two, "Wanna come?"

"No tha—"

"Oh, I was talking to Klaus." I interrupted Allison.

"Thanks, but no thanks Puppet, I'm a bit hungover today." He laughed at himself.

I chuckled and shook my head as I walked out.

"Wait, y/n." Allison started talking again.

"Mhm?" I hummed back, clearly annoyed.

"Do you know how to drive?" She asked me.

"Nope. But I'm sure I'll figure it out." I said casually, walking out the door.

XXX

Once I did get to the driveway I noticed that there wasnt a car in it. I sighed and looked to our neighbors nice ford truck. My eyes glistened with mischief as I walked over to the truck, smashed a window and started it. I had to use my telekinisis to do this, and that hurt like a bitch.

Then I remembered, I felt my neck, to feel no blood, still sore but no blood. Then my nose, which still ached but no blood was spilling out of it. My left eye stopped swelling and was now just a nasty shade of purple and black. I no longer tasted the metal taste of blood in my mouth. And I had a scratch on my face that had scabbed over. This is the best I've felt in forever.

I smiled to myself as I looked down to the gear shifter.

"Huh" I mumbled to myself. I moved it to the letter "D" which I assumed to be for drive. The truck started to move forward. I hit the pedal on the right to try and stop it, but the truck jolted forward, and hit a streetlight.

Nice one.

"Whoops!" I laughed as I moved the shifter to "R" and started to reverse. I backed up into the acedemy gates, after a few tries I finally got the truck in line with the road, and lightly hit the right pedal again. Soon I was going forward really fast, and was swerving around the on coming cars.

I saw my destination of Griddy's and slammed my foot on the left pedal. I soon regretted that when my small body flung forward and cracked the windshield.

Jeez you really are bad at this. I'm gonna take a nap, I'll wake up in a little while.

"Ouch." I chuckled and climbed back into my seat. I pulled into the parking lot. Well with the voice temporarily gone, I could once again focus back on driving.

"Time to park." I sighed to myself as I saw that the parking lot was completely empty except for a van. I took the parking spot farthest away from it. I managed to get into the spot, not nicely but it was good enough.

"I think I passed." I said as I happily opened the door and skipped into the shop. I saw a man sitting on on of the bar stools, and a familiar boy sitting next to him.

Third person pov

Y/n's skip soon slowed to a walk as she caught sight of Five. She didnt wanna bother him, as he seemed to have a lot on his mind.

Number Eight knew he probably came there to escape the Acedemy. Keeping this in mind, she sat in a table at the corner.

"Sorry, sink was clogged." An older blonde lady came out wearing a pink uniform with a hat to match.

"So what'll it be?" She asked the middle aged man first.

"Give me a chocolate eclair?" He sighed, closing his newspaper and smiling at the lady.

"Mhm sure, and can I get the kid a glass of milk or something?" She asked the man, using her pen to point at Five.

"The kid wants coffee. Black." He told the lady, giving his best sarcastic smile.

Y/n couldn't help herself, she let out a little chuckle. Five turned to look at her.

She stopped laughing and smiled at him, Five jerked his head in his direction, gesturing for the girl to join him up there. She gladly walked up and took the spot next to him.

The lady came back with the man's eclair, and then gave Five his coffee. She then turned to the girl.

"Would you like anything?" The lady asked her, annoyed.

The girl flinched at the tone of voice but continued to try and find words to say.

"Well, I don't have any money—"

"She'll have a coffee, two sugars." Five intervened.

"Alright." She said before walking off.

"How did you—" y/n started but was cut off again.

"Good memory." He told her. Taking a sip of his coffee.

She nodded in response and waited patiently for her beverage.

Y/n couldn't help but miss the way things were when she was a kid. She missed out on an entire childhood, that sucks.

Five noticed how Number Eight looked slightly sad, "What's wrong?"

She jumped, "Oh, um, nothing." She lied, putting a fake smile.

Five noticed this too and eyed her with suspicion that she didnt notice. He had to learn what happend to her, whether it was the easy way or not.