Chapter Eight

Wednesday, March 20th

"Good morning~." Minhyun sang as Ren joined him and Jonghyun at his locker.

"Shut up." He snapped back.

"Someone's a little grumpy. Is it your sexual frustrations?" Minhyun mocked. Ren glared at him.

"Isn't your brother's birthday coming up? He's coming home from the military for it, right?" Jonghyun asked, before Ren would attempt to kill Minhyun.

"He is." Ren muttered and threw one of his books into his locker. The loud sound caused some students passing by to look at him.

"You don't seem excited." Minhyun commented.

"My parents are making me invite Jess to the party." Ren sighed. "I'm seriously going to kill my sister-in-law for this. If she hadn't blabbed about Jess to my parents, I would be fine. But, that bitch ruined everything!"

"What's so bad about Jess coming to that party? She's met your folks now. She's doing stuff with you now. What's the worst that could happen?" Jonghyun put a hand on his shoulder.

"My brother encouraging me to marry her after she graduates?" Ren muttered. The two paused for a moment.

"Yeah, that's a problem." They eventually said in unison. They leaned back against their lockers and watched students pass by.

"So, what's up with you and Jess?" Jonghyun asked after a while. Before Ren could answer, Jessica joined the boys and gave Ren a big kiss.

"I'm guessing it's good." Minhyun smirked. They left the two alone as Jessica and Ren continued their activity. He walked her to class afterwards and met up with her again after school, in the library. They did their homework together, which was mostly Ren doing half her work, and then headed to his car. They decided to go for coffee and went to a drive through, before Ren parked the car nearby a flower garden.

"Are you alright?" Jessica asked after a while.

"I'm fine." He smiled a small smile before sipping his drink again.

"You're kind of quiet. And that's coming from me." Ren sighed.

"Fine. Something kind of came up. My parents want me to take responsibility for the catering for my brother's birthday party, but they have this condition."

"What condition?"

"They want me to invite you."

"And you don't like that?" She looked down.

"Don't get me wrong. I like you, a lot. But, my brother and I are really close. If you meet him and he doesn't like you, I don't know. We might have to break up at some point." He smiled sadly at her.

"Do you really think he won't like me?"

"I'm not sure. But, he's had some bad experiences. Girls only got with him because of our family's wealth. It left him with an impression."

"That's awful."

"Yup. Main reason I'm so close with my friends, is because with each other we don't have to worry about having one ask for money."

"That's sweet." She smiled at him. He smiled back and cleared his throat after he realized he was acting sincere.

"You don't think I'm trying to take your money, right?" He smirked at her.

"Nah, I just think you're with me for my looks." He put his arm around her and pulled her closer. She chuckled at his joke.

"What?" He spoke quietly as their noses rubbed together softly.