Chapter Nine

When he came home, Ren went straight to his room and threw his bag across the space. He laid down on his back and heaved a deep sigh before putting his arm over his eyes.

"Sir?" Ren's butler knocked on the door.

"What?" He snapped.

"Miss Morgan has arrived for you." Ren stood up as Jessica entered. His butler soon left and closed the door behind him.

"Hey." He smiled at her. She replied with an awkward smile and stood by the door, quietly, for a while.

"I texted you earlier. But, then I realized I had your phone, so." She spoke softly as she took his phone out of her bag and held it out for him.

"Thanks." He took it and checked his messages immediately. He sat down on the bed.

"So, how do you feel?" She sat next to him at a distance. He smiled at her again.

"I'll be fine. No offense, but Jihoon fights like a girl."

'"If he fought like a girl, your face would be covered in scratches, not a black eye." Ren chuckled at her remark.

"You're right." He leaned in but she turned her head as he was about to press his lips on hers. He frowned. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." She looked at her hands as she spoke.

"Tell me, what's going on?"

"It's nothing. It's just stupid."

"Tell me, please." He leaned his forehead against hers, trapping her in-between his arms at the same time.

"It's just, Jihoon seemed pretty convinced that you gave him that photo."

"He's good at lying. We all saw he didn't have anything to show as proof."

"I know. I know. But..."

"But, what?" Ren sighed and sat up straight.

"Girls were texting you. I didn't snoop. I swear, but your phone sometime shows the message as notifications pop up."

"And?"

"Some girls, a lot of girls were sending you... Nudes." Jessica's spoke in almost a whisper. She couldn't look him in the eye.

"What does that have to do with Jihoon?"

"He said you took a nude photo of me, and those girls keep sending you nude photos too."

"So, because girls I don't care about sent me nudes, and one guy claims I took a nude shot of you, you believe there's some truth in that?" Ren let out a perplexed chuckle.

"Told you it was stupid." Jessica muttered. Ren sighed again.

"Jess, babe, I don't have any intention of hurting you. Physically and mentally."

"Can I see your phone?"

"What?" Ren raised his eyebrows at her.

"It's just for my own assessment." Ren sighed annoyed and took out his phone. He threw it into her lap after unlocking it, and laid back down on the bed.

"I thought you trusted me." He muttered.

"I do trust you." She grabbed it and checked his photo gallery, finding mostly photos of his friends or ones they took together.

"You're going through my phone. That doesn't appear as trust to me." Jessica looked down and put the phone down on his nightstand.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled.