Chapter Thirteen

Saturday, May 4th

"Damn, you get dressed fast." Ren commented as he walked out of the bathroom in only a towel. Jessica was looking for her other shoe when Ren came out.

"It's easy with just a dress." She didn't look at him as she spoke. She dove under the bed and finally pulled her shoe out. She sat on top of it to put them back on.

"You don't have to leave yet. I put the do not disturb sign on the door. We could just stay in bed all day. Get room service." He smirked and sat next to her. He pulled her closer, kissing her bare shoulder.

"I have to get my other clothes from Nana's and explain where I disappeared to. Plus, I'm pretty sure Aron has told Alice I got my phone back, so she's probably going to spam my inbox soon. Thanks for your charger by the way." She stood up and pulled out his phone charger from the plugin and put it on the desk.

"Can you at least stay for a few more minutes? We need to talk."

"About what?" She stood at a distance while he remained seated.

"Last night." He chuckled. "Or rather before last night. I don't like leaving fights unresolved."

"Forget last night. It was a mistake."

"What?" Ren scoffed. "You said you love me at least twenty times last night."

"I was drunk."

"We did it three times, including this morning in the shower. You can't blame that on alcohol."

"I knew I should've just gone home after getting my phone."

"We're just not going to make up? Seriously? We'll just pretend like it never happened?"

"What are you talking about?"

"The whole reason we're fighting? The bet? You're mad at me. I get that. But, as a couple you have to work through stuff like this." Jessica scoffed at him. "What?"

"You really think we're still a couple?"

"Aren't we?"

"I need to rephrase that. We never were a couple, Ren. You only pretended to like me. There's nothing to make up, because there was never anything real about it. Except for me, maybe."

"So, you're just going to break up with me? Right after sex?"

"We can't break up, because we were never truly a couple!" She snapped at him. She sighed.

"Why can't you just be like before? Be glad you got laid, and celebrate the fact I'm not begging you to elope." She grabbed her purse and jacket and walked out of the room. Ren stared at the door for a few seconds before grabbing the nearest pillow and aggressively throwing it against the wall.

"Jess, are you okay?" Aron asked after knocking on her door.

"I'm fine." She replied.

"You don't sound fine." He commented on her tone of voice.

"Just go."

"I can't. If I go downstairs with the plate of food I was supposed to give you, your sister might actually hit me."

"Fine. Come in." Aron opened her door and closed it behind him. He went over to her desk and put the plate there before looking at her.

"You've been crying?" She nodded and handed her phone to him. He sat next to her on the bed.

"I will keep apologizing until you forgive me. I'm relentless. You know that. I know you're in love with me. I shouldn't have taken advantage of that. I'm sorry. I want you to be my girlfriend. I truly do. I'm not giving up on you." Aron read aloud. "Let me guess. Ren sent you that earlier?"