Chapter Eleven

Wednesday, April 24th

Jessica sighed as she stood in front of her bed. She laid out about five options for their anniversary date. Her older sister was downstairs with their younger sister to babysit when she left. She also insisted to do Jessica's make up. Jessica was torn between a yellow knee-length dress and a pair of camo skinny jeans with a black fitted T-shirt. Ren had texted her late last night that the park was pretty big, so she should wear something comfortable, because they would be walking a lot. She finally decided for the jeans, thinking it'd be easier when getting on rides, and was now messing around with her hair. With her sister's help, she chose to wear two braids and simple make up.

"You guys had sex yet?" Jessica's eyes widened at Alice's question. "Oh, chill. Aron and I have done it. We can talk about it."

"You've been together for a month."

"So?"

"Wow." Jessica shifted uncomfortably while Alice grabbed the mascara. The doorbell rang when she was almost done and Jamie ran out the living room to open it.

"Wait! Jamie!" Jamie had already opened the door when Jessica and Alice caught up to her.

"How many times have we told you not to open the door if you don't know who's there?!" Jessica scolded her. She looked up and found Ren smiling at her.

"Hey."

"H-Hi. You're early." Jessica blushed.

"Barely. Some guy drove his car into a truck, so I had to take a different route- Whoa!" Ren looked down surprised at the little girl hugging his legs. He frowned at Jessica for a moment before looking back down.

"Uhm, hi?" Jessica chuckled at his awkwardness.

"I'm Jamie." She announced proudly.

"I am aware of that." He smiled at her, begging her to get off him with his eyes.

"You have a bigger butt than my sister."

"Jamie!" Jessica pulled her off of him and gave her a stern look.

"Considering I'm a guy, I sure hope so." He laughed awkwardly.

"Can I call you Big-Buttman?" Jamie asked.

"Actually, I already have a pretty cool nickname." He kneeled down to her eye level. "It's Ren. See? Pretty cool, right?"

Jamie held her head high and shook it violently.

"No! Big-Buttman is always better." She spoke loudly.

"Of course you think that, you're three years old." Ren muttered to himself while looking away. Jamie quickly kissed him on the cheek. Ren looked at her in shock as she ran back inside.

"I kissed him before you! Na na na na na~!" Jamie sang. Ren stood back up.

"Well actually-" Ren was cut off as Jessica slapped her hand on his mouth before he could continue. He smirked at her underneath.

"She's not shy like you." Jessica blushed and cleared her throat. She pulled her hand back when her older sister interrupted the two.

"If you guys get too tired to come back. You should stay at that little love motel near the highway. Those beds are amazing for you know what." She winked at Ren. He blinked uncomfortably a few times before returning his gaze to Jessica.

"You ready?" He asked as Jessica sent her sister back to the living room.

"I just left my phone upstairs. I'll go get it."

"Okay. I'll wait by the car."

"You don't want to get inside?"

"Between your sister telling me about Aron's... Business, and your little sister talking about my butt, I'd rather wait outside." He smiled at her.