Chapter Eighteen

Monday, June 3rd

"Hey." Jessica gave Ren tired smile when she joined him at his locker.

"Hey, feeling better?" He smiled quickly at her before he continued changing his books for the day.

"Kind of. Still got a headache though."

"I'm not surprised. When I dropped you off at home yesterday, you barely seemed to be awake." He chuckled.

"What's wrong?" He asked when he noticed her expression.

"I was pretty out of it, I guess. But, I do remember some of the things I said." Ren closed his locker and leaned against it.

"Right."

"I don't remember much about the girl I hit. That tackle she gave me probably sobered me up somehow. All I know from fighting her is what I just saw in photos and videos on social media."

"To be fair, it was kind of an epic fight. You nearly broke her nose."

"Good." She muttered. Ren chuckled. "But, what I said was unfair to you. I shouldn't have."

"It's been on your mind a lot, I guess. Otherwise you wouldn't have brought it up when you were drunk."

"Since we got back together, honestly. I think the frustration of it also caused me to call out that girl."

"It's fine. I don't want you keeping all that crap inside. Although I'd prefer you sober for it next time."

"Noted." The two stood together silently for a while.

"You think you'd start hating me if I don't say it soon?" Ren suddenly asked. She looked at him.

"I don't think so." She looked away from him.

"But, are you sure?"

"I don't know. But, as I feel now, I don't think I'd ever feel anything negative about you." Ren smiled gently. He grabbed Jessica's hand and pulled her closer.

"Regardless if I say it anytime soon or not, I care about you a lot. I may have been your first, but you're a lot of firsts for me too. That means a great deal to me, therefore, you mean a lot to me." He leaned his forehead against hers.

"I know. Thank you." She smiled quickly before he leaned in for a kiss. He quickly dove in for a second one after pulling away. Jessica closed her eyes as she melted into the kiss. Someone cleared his throat, causing Ren and Jessica to stop and look into their direction.

"Great, your guys are officially together, but you don't have to show it so much." Minhyun whined. Jessica looked around and saw some students looking at them and whispering. Jessica blushed madly as Ren put his arm around her and pulled her to his side.

"Because you want to show off your PDA instead? Don't you need a girl for that, or are you planning on jumping Jonghyun's bones?" Ren grinned. Minhyun glanced at Jonghyun for a moment. Jonghyun grinned and went along with Ren's joke and winked at him.

"Shut up." Minhyun turned to his locker and proceeded to change his books for the day. The two boys chuckled.

"Anything to add?" Ren turned to Jonghyun.

"As long as it's not an actual porn show, I don't care what you do." He shrugged and opened his locker too. Ren turned back to Jessica and continued his earlier action. They were soon interrupted by the sound of a girl yelling at Jihoon after he had pushed her aside. Jihoon ignored the girl and continued towards his target.

"What the hell?!" He shouted at Ren and Jessica. Jonghyun and Minhyun had stopped him from getting closer. "What the hell is this?!"

"A school?" Ren joked.