Chapter Nineteen

Saturday, June 22nd

"So, for lunch I've had the chef prepare you a salmon avocado salad, and for an afternoon snack I've prepared apple slices and Earl Grey tea with milk." Ren's butler spoke while a maid helped him to bed and tucked him in.

"Wonderful." Ren sighed and laid back, ignoring him. The maid left after filing a glass with water and putting it on his nightstand.

"Your father was very clear on the rules regarding your care."

"He was also clear that my future endeavours are basically a waste of time from now on." Ren smiled sarcastically.

"There's nothing wrong with honest, hard work."

"I've been busting my ass off for years. He promised me the position when I was thirteen. Now, he suddenly goes back on his word?" Ren punched his pillow once.

"I'm sorry, sir." He gave Ren an apologetic smile.

"Yeah, whatever. Just make sure you don't overwork yourself again." Ren folded his arms after turning his television on. His butler left the room to check on his lunch preparations. Ren scrolled through the TV shows and movies he could watch, when his butler came back to his room.

"Miss Morgan has arrived for you, sir." Ren sat up as she walked in.

"Hey." He smiled. She smiled back and sat on his bed as his butler closed the door after leaving. "What are you doing here?"

"Jonghyun told me yesterday that you would be discharged from the hospital today. And, I just wanted to see you." She blushed slightly.

"Well, after spending a whole week going through tests at the hospital, you're the best thing to look at." He threw he covers off of him and sat next to her on his knees. He put his hand on her neck and pulled her close for a kiss. It grew heated quickly and his hand dropped to her leg, sliding up to her skirt.

"I'll be honest. I've missed this the most." He smirked before diving back on for a kiss. He was about to make a move, when a knock on the door interrupted them.

"What?!" He snapped. Jessica flinched at it.

"I feel the need to remind you, sir, your father has also instructed me that you are not permitted to be alone in a room with Miss Morgan." He heard his butler say from the other side.

"You're kidding me." Ren said through gritted teeth. Ren scoffed when his butler walked in without a warning.

"Sexual activities cause immediate raise in heart rate and blood pressure. Therefore, your father prohibits it." Ren laid back and heaved an exasperated whine.

"Kill me." Jessica laid down next to him as his butler sat at his desk.

"Want to watch people get killed in a crime show? That always cheers me up." Ren frowned at her.

"That's a little disturbing." Ren narrowed his eyes at her.

"Chill, it's not like I'm watching it happen in real life." She said and got under the covers with him. Ren out on one of the shows she liked and the cuddled up. They spent the rest of the day in bed, having lunch and dinner together. She started feeling sleepy around nine in the evening and her head nodded a bit. Ren noticed and kissed her cheek once.

"You should get into something more comfortable before you fall asleep." He kissed her cheek again and pulled the covers aside for her to get out, but she just embraced him tighter and whined at the warmth leaving her legs. His butler got up instead and grabbed one of Ren's shirts and some leggings for to sleep in. Since he figured Ren wouldn't try to have sex with her when she's half asleep, he bid them a good night and left the room after turning the lights off. He helped her change and threw the clothes she was wearing somewhere before the two laid down comfortably and cuddled up again, facing each other.