the past holds all the answers

"bexley !!! Your behind all of this ?? " I ask half in shock half in a state of curiosity . She just gives a twisted smile . "No I'm just sweet brynnley the captain that fought to avenge you . " She says mockingly I scramble to my feet and use my power to summon a small black hole the size of my fist . She laughs "oh are you gonna kill me with your abilities ?? I'm so scared . " She mocks "what do you have to gain from all this ?Bexley why are you doing this ? " I ask

"Because !! you can have everything you want a family that loves you friend's that will follow you to the ends of the Earth someone who will love you until you die . But me , no I don't get any of that I am considered a disgrace , a monster even I don't get to be perfect I don't get to be happy , so why should you??? " She says

"I don't understand what makes you so different from the rest of us ??" I ask still confused she laughs " you mean to tell me that brynnley brought you here and didn't tell you anything ?? Oh that is just tragic . You poor thing your probably super confused right now . "She drops the smile and speaks seriously " I guess it's time for a history lesson then . But instead of telling you why don't I just show you . "Suddenly I feel a pain that I've never experienced before it's as if I'm being ripped apart and pieced together at the same time . I scream in pain only to feel a more familiar pain on my cheek . The sting of a hand to my face .

"Shut up !!! " Bexley yells suddenly a bright light surrounds me and suddenly it's a if I'm in another world . A world with no walls or war . Instead there are streams and grass and a field full of smiling children . "Beautiful isn't it ?" Bexley speaks I don't say anything although my head is filled with questions . " You don't need to worry about where we are . You just need to worry about when . You see this was 100 years In the past before the virus wiped us out before the wars and the blood . And that cage you call home . This . .. is my world " brynnley says as she appears to be in a trance .

"Why are we here ?" I ask finally after several moments of silence brynnley just points to a small little girl swinging on a wooden swing hanging from a tree . I walk closer and I can hear her humming a beautiful tune . I silently approach her but to my surprise she looks up at me and smiles " there you are " she says with a big grin . She hope down from her swing and runs towards me ... No not towards. through me . She runs to an older boy and hugs him tightly . I gasp at  what just happened

"They can't see you " Bexley says now standing next to me causing me to jump . Suddenly I hear laughing and I turn to see the little girl laughing and spinning with the boy . But she quickly stops spinning and instead of laughing she lets out a raspy cough . "Lizzy" the boy  says clearly worried for her . She doesn't respond she just continues coughing and falls to the ground . Her body begins to tremble and she stops coughing . Her eyes flutter shut and she appears to be sleeping . I turn to Bexley in search of answers but she just stares silently at the helpless little girl .

After the girl stops trembling the boy picks her up and carries her away .   The light surrounds us again and the pain floods back I try to  contain my cry's this time after what feels like eternity my eyes open to see the dark cave once again . "What was that ?!? " I ask .

Bexley says two words that terrify me . "The disease "

                                                                       To be continued ...