𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚡

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗚𝘂𝗻

The day after the incident you go back to work and try to carry on as usual since you need the money. However, a few customers and co-workers do begin to get on your nerves with their constant questioning.

Finally at lunch you are able to have a break from being bombarded with all of the pests. You walk with your lunch towards the breakroom happy that your day is halfway over.

However, once you enter you are met with the detective from yesterday sitting down at the break table looking over his notes.

"D-Detective? Is everything alright?"

You begin to wonder what the detective is here for. Does he know that Tendou was at your house yesterday? Perhaps, but you try not to let your worry show on your face as he looks up and smiles at you.

"Ah, Y/N, everything is fine," he says as he looks around at your coworkers entering the room "but I was wondering if I could speak with you somewhere more, uh, private as long as this is a good time to talk."

"S-Sure," you nod as you lead him out of the room.

You walk in silence with the detective behind you into an empty office space. The detective takes a seat and takes a look once more in his notes before turning his attention to you.

"Do you want to sit?" he asks as though standing is one of the most difficult things in the world.

You silently nod and take a seat across from the detective and wait for him to continue what he was saying.

"First," he begins as he folds his hands and leans forward, "you are alright, correct? You weren't hurt in any way."

"N-No sir," you say dutifully as you shake your head, "I just have to take public transportation now that's all."

You stifle out a small laugh in an attempt to ease the tension in the room while alluding to the fact that your car was stolen since, from all he knows, you don't have your car back. However, the detective just smiles and continues with his talk.

"Good," he nods, "now did the man from yesterday ever tell you his name? Or mention it by any chance?"

"No," you plainly respond.

"Alright," he hums as he leans back and grabs the little notebook from his lap, "were there any other names that he mentioned?"

The detective looks up at you while he waits for your response. You hesitate a moment as you see the intense look on his face before shaking your head no.

"He was very focused on watching me fill the bag. I don't think he was worried about much else before the police came," you add as you look down towards your lap.

"Okay," the detective replies.

You look up and see him think for a moment. It almost looks as though he is going to ask you something else before deciding not to and standing up.

"Y/N, I'll leave you to your lunch now," he bows to you, "but we'll talk again soon, okay?"

"Sure," you try to smile at him.

"I'm going to talk to your supervisor, uh, what's his name," the detective stumbles until he checks his notebook, "Ikari! I'd like to see the video footage from yesterday that may have covered the event."

Crap. I don't know if the video has audio. The detective will know I'm lying once he sees that.

"He should be in the room to the right," you reply as you stand up, "I can bring you there."