Emma... (warning spoilers)

You looked at Emma feeling more ashamed than before. You felt as if you shouldn't be seen, as if you needed to hide. Even when you were under the illusion that you were normal you hated people to see you in a degraded state. You hated making people sad. "Emma..." you said lower that you would have wished.

"It's okay Y/n." Only the running water was heard from your side. "Just because your different doesn't mean your not my family. Our family." She took a step forward and you did the opposite. "I cried before because... I won't lie to you, I was scared, but not of you. I was scared for you. Ray was found out to be a bad guy too. He even sacrificed some of our siblings for me and Norman, but he decided to help us save everyone. I can't speak for the others when I say this, but when we escape I want you to be with us, because you are just as much of our family as anyone else at the House. Just because your a demon doesn't mean you can't have emotions, human emotions. I believe in you." Emma finished, displaying a warm smile on her face towards you. 

It overwhelmed you and made you wanna cry more, it made you want to leave more. How can I stop something in my DNA? You cried rivers, now on your knees as you thought about how badly you could hurt each of them. You were a mess, but Emma stayed there with you. She wasn't close, but she was on her knees, too letting you get everything out.

After you returned to the infirmary, you changed your shirt again and hesitantly rang the bell for Isabella, so she could change your bandages. As if she were waiting outside of the door, she quickly appeared in the room. You didn't even have to turn around to know she was there. You could smell her. Everyone had their own unique scent. "What did you need, Y/n?" You could hear the fakeness in her voice. 

"My bandages." That's all you said. You didn't feel like talking to her and no one could blame you for it.

"Oh, of course." She made her way to your back, medical materials already in hand. Once again, she tore the uniform shirt open, with her bare hands this time. The peroxide burned badly as it ran its trail down your back. She had no sympathy, even when you had to bite down on yourself to keep from screaming. After, she delicately wiped it off having stopped most of the bleeding, patched you up and began to pack up. "You know free time is only half way over. It's raining, but you can still go out. Your not sick anymore after all." Then she left.

Once her footsteps were no longer heard, you relaxed. What should you do? You couldn't just go back to acting like nothing happened. Like everything is normal... Why did she tell me to go outside? Does she think I'll try to run away? Well... I would have, but Emma said that she wants us all to escape together and Phil and  Lannion would miss me... What should I do?  

You turned around, sitting on the edge of the bed, your feet resting flat on the floor. You looked in the direction of the medical cart and saw a flower sitting there. It wasn't appealing in the slightest. It was stiff and hadn't bloomed. t's petals were a pale white, close to the color of your skin, but greyer. The stem was an ugly dull green and the bottom was a sharp as a knife.

 The stem was an ugly dull green and the bottom was a sharp as a knife