The Plan

"You're still going anyway?!" you asked as they began heading towards the forest. 

"Yeah of course. Sonju and Mujika are our friends too. And if what you said about Norman happens to be true, they need to know." Emma responded 

"But you should be focusing on escaping to the human world, not going back to where you came." You reasoned.

"You do realise that even if we make it there's a chance they won't let us in, or they'll have guards. And even if they do let us in you can't come with. They'll kill you. You are a demon." ray said bitterly. His hands were trembling. He's still upset about Isabella, but he already knew her intentions. Still i guess it does hurt.

You decided it was best to seperate yourself from the two oldest, seeing that they weren't quite comfortable with you anymore. You decided to just help pick up the slack of the younger ones who were getting tired, or just couldn't keep up. "Remember you promised to help them in anyway you can. You said you would be their strength, so that's all that matters for now." You told yourself inwardly. 

A few more miles later you were carrying one child on your back and two in your arms. All of which were asleep. You would have been carrying several others if Gilda and Don didn't help. "Ok this spot seems good. We can rotate through night watch, I'll start." Ray volunteered.

"Ok then me Gilda will set up camp and once y/n lays the sleeping ones down, we'll start a fire for dinner. No one wander off." 

"Yes ma'am!" everyone said to Emma. She's grown so much, and she's so much stronger. Now that I think about it we'll be 14 soon. 

"Y/n after you finish we need to talk. It's important." Emma requested. Her face was dead serious, so you could only nod because the words were trapped in your throat. Quickly, but carefully you laid each of the kids down on their delicately made places and made sure that their heads didn't hit the ground hard, too. You put the spare covers over them and tucked them in warmly. Smiling at the familiar sight. How long has it been? Only a year, but that's too long anyway. "Are you done?" the smaller orange haired girl questioned.

"Y-yeah, what was it you wanted to talk about?" You asked looking at her kowlick to avoid eye contact. Emma took a deep breath then looked you in the eyes which forced you to look in hers. 

"We need to go over some things. More specifically the rules while your around us." There it was. You were afraid this would happen, and more than anything you hoped it wouldn't. She was restricting you. "I've known you for most of my life and though I want to trust you, I can't." Ouch. "Ray and I came to a conclusion that you can stay around, but... only if you admit that you are fully demon, capable of and have eaten humans, children to be more specific, and tell the entire truth about why and how HeadQuarters let you go and about the deal Isabella was talking about." 

"And... if I don't?" Emma's eyes narrowed.

"Then you won't be allowed within 50 feet of anyone here and you could say goodbye to traveling with any of us." Your breath hitched as a cold breeze blew briskly against you. Emma continued to look at you with a cold stare still there. You stared in her eyes hoping she would see the begging that longed in yours. Did you really have to do this? Was there no other way? Could you even hope that they would understand the deal that you made? Could they believe that there wasn't a possibility that you would actually bring them back? 

You sighed in defeat. "I'm sorry, but I can't say." Emma looked shocked, but not that surprised.

"Are you sure?"

"Even if I told you wouldn't believe me and if you did I know you wouldn't want me any closer."

"How do you know that? You don't know what we would have-"

"I made a deal with the 'One' to bring you guys back before Isabella and that if I did he would have to let me have a say in what would happen to you. They agreed and now that Isabella is dead and we're in the forest. It seems like a perfect opportunity right? So why would you believe me? Ray convinced you that I wasn't safe and I made a deal with demons. I'm untrustworthy right? From the beginning I knew he cared extremely for you and Norman and now I'm turning you against him, so he's afraid to lose you."

"Y/n... He... You have to walk in his shoes... he's been through a lot up until now."

"Don't worry I have been from the time a found out what I was 'til now. It just as traumatizing hearing that you're the offspring of something that has been eating humans and children like your friends. Emma truly you all are the ones that don't understand our disposition. But other than that, is that all before I go. It'll be better if I leave while the youngest sleep."

"Actually," Ray interrupted. You both looked at him, Emma did so with sorry eyes, "We'll be needing you for a while longer." You should have just left it at that and accepted that they were going to let you stay, but in spite of this you still asked.

"Why?"

"Because If Norman is truly lying he won't be able to pass up this deal, and as a matter your the only one that can make this deal happen."

"Deal? What are you talking about?"

"The only reason we continued into the woods was so that Norman would think that either you didn't make it to us or that we didn't believe you, as he expected, and that we continued on to find Mujika and Sonju. When we come back empty handed with you instead and offer you for his research on demons like you, the kind who can evolve without humans, he won't be able to refuse." Ray suggested.

"Don't you think Norman will figure that out? He's smart, smart enough to trick you and get you out of his way. And even though it's a bit hypocritical, he lied twice and I'm sure, to get what he thinks is right, he'll do it again." You warned.

"Well if he refuses or figures it out then we'll signal for the others and we'll capture him and he'll be forced not to do it and just come with us. It's not the first time Norman has done things like this." Ray answered. 

"Well if it's what you think will work, I guess I can't complain then." You said, not wanting to jeopardise your staying with them any further. This is my chance to show that I'm useful to them. Even if my usefulness is the only reason they let me stay, I'll accept it. That's all I can do for now.

"Alright Ray, but if anything goes wrong, don't let anyone besides us get hurt. I mean it." Emma agreed reluctantly.

"Then we head back tomorrow at midnight."

.

.

.

.

.

You guysssssssss 🥺🥺🥺🥺

over 140 views...

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭👌🏾👌🏾👌🏾👌🏾

do yall really like this series that much?!?!

I was gonna say that I was ending it soon...

but now I'll continue it for a bit longer

only for you guys though