The Escape

"What are you doing out here this late?" Ray asked cooly, not even realizing that he could be the reason you die. You tried to think of something that he would believe. Something that would make him go away. "Hellooo~" he said waiting for your response.

"Why are you up this late?" you said trying to dodge the question

"Planning for the escape with the others. Now answer my question." Ray snapped, he wasn't about to take nay excuses, but you tried anyway.

"Why do I have to tell you? Why does it matter?"

"Because if you are doing anything that would jeopardize this escape, I'm going to have to-"

"I'm not, now you can go back to your discussion." You snapped back cutting him off. Get out of here please and don't turn back. 

"Why should I take your word?"

"Have I tried to sabotage you before?"

"No, but you never had reason either." Ray was going to counter everything you said at this rate. You got desperate.

"Look since your so worried.. I-i'll go back inside. Okay?" you avoided eye contact. Your spine ached. Ray looked down and sighed.

"Fine, but if your going to lie, and then go behind our backs as if we wouldn't find out, then don't talk to us at all." Your eyes widened. How does he...

"Wha... what are you talking about?!" you started to panic, but tried not to show it. You know, just in case you were wrong.

"If your gonna leave notes that Mom gives you on the ground, you might as well have screamed it out for everyone to hear." You felt your gut twist and churn. You wanted to throw up again. "Oh and those two kids were the same age as Phil, so I hope their lives were enough to quench your hunger. Or maybe that's what you were on you way to do now? Go and take another life, i hope its all worth it." Ray finished burning the  note you received and throwing it on the ground.

You watched as the light from the house disappear as the doors closed. You were left standing there in shock as your stomach began churning once more. 

You began to puke throwing up all of what you ate last week, you hardly had any fluids left in you. You fell to your knees. You began to scream. "WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?! CAN'T YOU JUST LET ME BE!! WHY DO YOU EVEN LET ME EXIST. I....I don't want hurt anyone..."You now layed on your side. Isabella must be so happy that everything worked out. "I just... i just wanna live and be free. I don't want to be in chains anymore." 

You began to recall everything now. You've never been free not even in the House. Not even when you thought you were normal. You were always the weird one. The one that Mom chastised the most and now you understood why you hated Norman so much. Norman never gave you odd looks and never listened when Mom told him not to go near me. Norman treated you like he treated everyone else. 

You realized why you saw Isabella in Ray as well. When Isabella beat you she mentioned a lot of things she would only know if she had a child of her own and they often sung the same melody. He's her son...

But what was the use of knowing any of the this. It wouldn't help you in any way. Lost in your thoughts you didn't notice the smell of burning that now filled your nose. You sat up and now saw that the House was on fire. Despite all that just occured, images of everyone flashed inside of your mind. I can help them! 

Without a second thought, you ran inside. The heat was intense, but you ran on anyway. First the babies. Your darted upstairs and burst through the nursery door, but it was empty. Not a cry or baby was in sight. They must have grabbed them already. I'll check the youngest 's rooms. You speed there, but once again empty. You ran up to the window of the room and saw them all running into the forest, leaving the youngest behind. They're escaping... without me. 

A loud crash was heard behind you. It was the burning roof crashing down in front of the door. You opened the window, but bit of the roof had fell down in front and flames flew up in front of it. Trapped. There was nothing you could do now to save yourself. 

 Backing from the window you felt the tears flowing down your cheeks. A fitting death, to be burned alive in this House, while even Isabella escapes. Ray's question replayed in your head. 'Was it worth it?' Not one bit, not in the slightest. But it doesn't make much a difference.

The smoke began to suffocate you and the flames got nearer as you heard the rest of the house collapsing around you. Your strength depleted quickly, so you too collapsed and waited for your unavoidable death. 

You began to replay your memories while you had the chance. It started with the sound of Phil's laugh. You remembered all Norman's slick remarks. You remembered all the books that you used to see norman read. Lastly, you remembered Emma, but it wasn't a happy memory it wasn't even her face it was what Norman had told you.

I'm tired, you thought. So tired. 

I'm sorry that these chapters keep getting shorter. I'm in the middle of writing an essay on the friggin odyssey, so yeah.

Also i'm not in the best moods either so..

Anyways hope you enjoyed and hope you continue reading. remember don't be afraid to comment, vote and whatever else you want to do.