Suspicions

Shout out to @RedlessRed who was my first vote. Other than that let's get to the story-

Knock. You didn't answer. Knock Knock Knock. You kept your body towards the window. "Y/n! It's Emma, let me inside." You flinched hearing her voice and you wanted to get up, but forced yourself to stay put. "Please Y/n! You can't trap yourself in there forever. You haven't even hurt anyone." Yes I have, I hurt two innocent children. "I know you won't hurt me, Y/n." 

After staying silent for a while, you decided to see if she was still there. "Emma...?"

"Y/n?" she responded. Sigh...

"Why are you still out there? Isn't it almost time for you to fix dinner?"

"It's your day remember? Come out. Everyone will get suspicious you know. Gilda and Don are smarter than they seem." Silence. "Y/n?" Emma looked up from the floor where she sat. You peeked out of  the door with a mask over your face. She smiled at you sweetly as always and stood up. You wanted to, but you couldn't smile back.

She walked with you to the kitchen grabbing the dishes cart on the way. The mask helped with their scent, but food still made you scrunch your nose in disgust. Your not half demon, your a pure blooded demon and they don't know that. "Why am i thinking of that now?" You said to yourself. Emma tilted her head to show her confusion. "Don't mind me. The food on my end is done, by the way." 

You took off your oven mitts and started to set the plates on the table. "Wait here I have to get the drinks." Emma asked before rushing back to the kitchen. You saw Norman and Ray back there, too. Must be planning everything for the escape. Did they ever tell me when? 

"Momma!" You heard Thoma yell out before all the kids ran up to her. You kept your eyes down, prefering to not make contact with the woman. Despite your efforts you felt her presence approach behind you. Your eyes stared so hard at the ground that you could have burned a hole through it. Isabella leaned down next to your ear. 

...

"I think that might work, but there's still a few issues like..." Ray didn't hear the rest of their conversation because he caught sight of his mother bending down. What is she doing? She moved slightly and he caught sight of Y/n. They were stiff and seemed terrified. He saw Mom slide a paper into Y/n's back pocket. Y/n had panic on their face and stared down.

"Ray are you listening?" Norman asked elbowing him. 

"No, but I think we should follow Y/n around for a bit. They're being weird around Mom." Ray responded.

"Ray, they're being weird around everyone." Norman pointed out.

"AND you did tell them about what's been really going on. Maybe they can't smile all the time like we can." Emma added. Ray looked back at his mother and Y/n. Mom stood up straight again, placing her hand in a seemingly gentle way, but Ray could see the way Y/n's shirt wrinkled under her painfully tight grip. They then began walking away from the dinner table and back towards the hallways. 

"I don't know, they seem scared. Do you think Isabella is hurt-" 

"Emma is dinner ready?!" Dominic called from the other room.

"Yes I'll bring out the cups Dom!"she began grabbing cups and filling them. "Norman, Ray. Help me please." Emma asked pushing the conversation out of her mind for the moment. Norman and Ray reluctantly agreed.

...

Shorty after they prayed and began eating. No one except for the oldest three really notice the empty seat where Y/n would sit. Ray suddenly realized how Y/n felt, just for a split second. He couldn't imagine what he would do if he disappeared or was hurting and no one cared or noticed, going about their day. And if he were to try and help he wouldn't be able to. He would feel so... broken. No that's an understatement, but he could think of any better words at the time.

20 minutes later they finished their dinner and went to the showers to freshen up. Ray grabbed his towel and on his way to join the rest of the males, he saw you leaving out of Mom's office on your way to the infirmary, but this time you had a fresh new set of bruises and cuts to match with your already bandaged back. You made eye contact and you could have sworn that you saw Isabella when you looked at him. 

You averted your eyes not wanting to see her in him anymore. Not wanting to see the person who caused him pain anymore and went back to the infirmary, so you could be sick. Because to Isabella that's all you were. A sickness. She told you so during her disciplinary session not to long ago. You shouldn't have let them see the bunny or go that area, as if you could stop them.

Now you swore to yourself that unless you were going out to eat in forest, you wouldn't leave. you made too many mistakes already. "Emma I'm sorry, but I don't want to hurt any of you. I don't want to bring you suffering by carrying my burden. Forget me. I am less than pet to Isabella." you spoke out quietly into the night breeze. 

You didn't bother to close the window, you just needed to patch yourself up. How would you sleep?  You chuckled painfully. How can i think about sleeping in a time like this? 

You slipped your hand into your back pocket and pulled out the paper she put there. 

"You know how this goes. You've done it once before. 

Your hurt at the moment so i wouldn't suggest jumping out of your window again. You would be seriously injured and how would you explain to the others that you broke your arm or leg because you decided to jump out of the window on the second floor?

Now because of your last incident. I am moving your location.

The Gate. This is your new area

Go there. Stay quiet. Don't speak. 

Your kind is very greedy and if they see you they might mistake you for their master's meal.

Your small enough so squeeze through the bars and go deep into the tunnel until you see a light. 

Go to the light and there you may eat.

I have decided to be generous and give you a larger dish, since you've been inconvenienced by your bruises and such.

Do. Not. Be. Seen. 

If you are... Do yourself a favor and don't come back. If you are seen, this household no longer needs to take care of you. Your parent's orders." 

She didn't sign her name. My parents, huh? They must love me so much. 

Regardless of the warning you jumped out of the window anyway, but you didn't get hurt. You landed perfectly. It sent a shock up your legs. You were hungry and you didn't care anymore. 

Just as you were about to take off a hand was placed on your shoulder. "Where are you going?" Ray asked. Well now I'm dead for sure.

Hello again and thank you for reading this

i really love writing and i appreciate each of you who read this

I'm in school right now so it might have been short again, but i hope you still enjoyed it.

Don't forget you are allowed to comment if you want to suggest something or if your would like to see something happen or whatever. I'm open to any new ideas, but that doesn't mean it will definitely happen.

Byeeeee 😗👌🏾🤍🤍🤍🤍