Chapter 14 New Plan

"But how my mist...." Jasmine said unable to finish the word displaying clear disbelief. "WELL" retorted Ruby "We were rather hoping you might be able to tell us, I think we can all guess how!" Ruby paused "I thought you were supposed to be insightful, or do I really need to give you a lesson in the birds & the bees!?" Ruby finished breathlessly exasperated. "ah, well...erm," replied Jasmine, temporarily lost for words. George stepped forward between them both, putting a hand on their shoulders, and said "later ladies, can we address this later, soon we will not be alone. "But how my love, I thought you had covered our tracks said Ruby to George "I did my sweet, but Jasmine's cry reached more than just our ears" he replied. "Well how can you be sure?" Jasmine asked, "If so please forgive me" Jasmine said falling to her knees, putting her head in her hands. "I am a Werewolf of course I'm sure" George said with a sarcastic smile on his face. "But now is not the time for recrimination, we have to leave. "George demanded helping Jasmine to her feet.

"Wait" said Ruby and stood for a moment captivated by her thoughts "just wait" she repeated raising her hand "Jasmine can you cast a rock solid, unbreakable spell, preventing Vampires from entering this tomb?" She concluded. Jasmine thought for a moment "I surely can, but it will take a lot of my power and leave me in a weakened state, unable to defend any of us. "Jasmine replied. "Don't worry if you cast the spell, there will be no need" Ruby said and then turned to George, "George do you think you can fend off any Werewolves to give Jasmine time to recover?" Ruby asked. He nodded confident in his abilities "but why...why not just run? George enquired, Ruby took hold of his hands and said, "this" she gestured to her belly "I just don't know how long I can run for, or for that matter how much strength I'll have." Jasmine cast the spell and it did indeed leave her very weak, Ruby helped her to move behind the sarcophagus to rest and recover, and not a moment too soon. The door to the tomb smashed inward and an advancing snarling Werewolf, who almost instantly embarrassed and uncomfortably, found himself naked in human form, was bashed over the head and knocked unconscious, with a lump of tree George had brought in earlier. Then a female Vampire with long black mad looking hair and glowing red eyes and a menacing looking smile, hissing as she advanced, teeth bared and as she started for the threshold, was thrown back about ten feet as if being hit by an invisible bolt of lightning as the spell barred her from entering.

Her Witch protector a small mature looking woman with gnarled hands and greying hair, tried using all her power to break the spell, hurling magic at it as she approached, but was unable to, and just at that point another Werewolf bit down on her mistress killing her, the Witch looked into the room and just said In a quiet whisper "oh dam you" and then vanished." The battle raged on but now it was mostly carrying on outside the tomb, with the Witches trying desperately to break the spell, whilst the Vampires & Werewolves fought. Even in her weaken state, "There is no way the spell will hold, I just don't have that kind of power." Jasmine thought unaware it would seem of her true potential.

Now and again a Werewolf would break from the battle, and get into the tomb, but the shock of finding themselves, human and naked, coupled with George and his tree, would render them unconscious. In the morning the Vampires had all gone, and although they had to contend with the changelings, George was able to fend them off, and by midday Jasmine had recovered enough to assist. During the following weeks, day time was when Ruby was at her weakest, and her current condition wasn't helping. "I need to feed, can you get me an animal or something, this child is draining me" Ruby pleaded putting both hands around her now huge belly. "Ok my sweet George said, "as you wish" he added as he left the tomb. The changelings had all gone to rest, it was clear they felt they would fare better as Werewolves. So, he left Jasmine keeping watch and fetched a lame old sheep, from one of the local fields. George brought in the Sheep and Ruby drained it dry in seconds.

"How will we get through tonight, it's the moon's apex?" Ruby asked generally, as she wiped dripping blood from her mouth. Then Jasmine piped up "well I can cast a spell, that would stop Werewolves and Vampires from getting in" she paused looking sadly at George, "but that would mean George couldn't be in here" she finished. "But if that's so how is it I was able to be in here when you cast the Vampire spell?" Ruby demanded. "Because my mistress you fall under my magical protection" Jasmine replied. "I think as I've said before we can dispense with mistress, Ruby is fine" Ruby smiled sympathetic to the predicament, jasmine nodded her understanding.

"why can't you protect George?" she asked, "whilst I'm good, I'm not so good as to be able to extend that protection, it was laid down by the force that compels a Witch to protect a killer" jasmine replied, "no offence mistress" she added bowing her head. Ruby went over to Jasmine, lifted her head up and looking at her warmly said" none taken so do not fret, and its RUBY please" she laughed.

"thank you for your forgiveness, I should say as before I can only cast this spell once, but this time I will make it nocturnal, so that George can at least be in here during the day and this one will have no life span on it, but also it will leave me exceptionally weak, it could well be days before I recover" jasmine said by way of a warning. "Then cast the spell, I am a Werewolf I have no doubt I will survive" George said firmly and then added "Just please, please protect Ruby and the baby."

And so Jasmine cast the spell, and as before Ruby helped her to move behind the sarcophagus. George stood outside the entrance and said he would see them tomorrow and set off in order to lure any Vampires and Werewolves away. Following a largely uneventful night, despite the apex of the moon offering full power to all Werewolves, because George had heavily scented a path away from Ruby and Jasmine, and the spell cast by Jasmine, making it appear empty & kept them out of the tomb.

George returned with another farm animal for Ruby, which she drank of at some pace given that the baby was being very demanding. And so, it was, for the next month, the changelings kept them held up in the tomb awaiting the new moons apex. So, Ruby would drink the blood of the farm animals George would bring, and both Jasmine and he would eat the meat, and then Jasmine would use magic to turn the remaining skeleton to dust leaving no traces, Jasmine also used her magic to restore the door, the graveyard although small was a busy place, mourners coming and going, so they needed to be sure not to be seen by any humans. By night they defended against the Vampires, whilst all the Witches tried to break the spell cast by Jasmine, without any luck. She had been able to strengthen the spell without too much effort making the tomb nigh on impregnable.