𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 2- 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭

——————Your POV: Play music

——————
Your POV:
Play music

I shook my head stepping out of my thoughts and walked up to the gazebo. The girl grabbed the baby carriage and scooted over, leaving me some room to sit.

I closed my umbrella and shook it free of rain, "thank you" I said and bowed slightly to her, she nodded in return and went back to sipping her soda.

The nearby flowing stream added to the sound the constant splattering of rainwater made.

I had taken out my sketch book and a pencil. I flipped to a open page and began sketching a detail drawing of an outfit I've had in mind all day. I was deep in thought as I drew out a dress.

The dress I had in mind was a floral sundress. It would have long sleeves made of mesh with pastel flowers embroided into it, there would be a white undershirt in order to cover the wearers boobs and then flow into a white skirt.

The course I had been taking in school was to improve my sketches and teach me the basics of fashion/sewing. In the margins of the sheet of paper I had notes written down, anything that came to mind for future reference I'd jot down to ensure I didn't forget.

In the margin I jotted down, Length of skirt? Since I was still unsure of whether or not to make it a shorter dress, just above the knee, or flow down to the shin.

Either way it would be pretty but I could only pick one option.

I fiddled my pencil in my hands, tapping it against my sketch book as I pictured both designs in my head. I looked over at the river, my eyes following a small fish i could faintly see.

The fish fell out of my eyes reach when I caught onto something else. I looked over at the girl sitting across from me, the girl was holding her soda can with her arm propped up onto the back of the bench.

She took another sip as she watched the river flow, the same way I had been a few moments ago. The baby in the stroller shifted their position and she stuck her hand in, 'shh'ing the baby back into their slumber.

Her nails were painted a light pink and she had a silver bracelet on her wrist.

I looked closer at the drink in her hand, reading the label to realize it was a can of beer and not soda. Next to her on the bench she had two candy bars and a baby bottle.

Chocolate and beer?

She looks familiar though. I think I've seen her somewhere...

I shook it off and went back to my sketching, erasing a line I had accidentally drawn too long. The eraser slipped out of my hand and I quietly gasped, watching it bounce off the ground and into the hands of the girl next to me.

"Here" she said, standing up to hand it to me, I smiled and took it in my hands, "oh sorry, thank you"

I sat back down, trying to remember where I had seen her before. Maybe it was just her uniform thats throwing me off, I often saw people from SU (Sina University) since it was right near RU (Rose University).

I glanced back up at her, "sorry but have we met before?"

"No, I don't think so"

"Yeah of course, sorry, my mistake"

"Its okay"

The thunder was rumbling in the distance, she slightly pushed the baby stroller back on forth to soothe the baby from any potential crying or stirring. In the back of my mind I was wondering if the baby was hers or not but it wasn't really my buisness.

I went back to my sketching, redrawing the line I had just erased. The girl set her beer can down, she had her purse pulled to her shoulder and she stood up.

"It could be fitting."

I stopped my sketching and looked up at her, she had a smile on her face, "a faint sound of thunder. Cloudy skies. Maybe it will rain. Stay with me?"

She opened her magenta umbrella and closed the awning of the baby stroller, wheeling it out of the gazebo. I followed her with my eyes as she walked away, she was my age but seemed so much more mature.

Perhaps it has something to do with that baby of hers, or maybe she's just a mature person.

She was so... mysterious.