Chapter 4: The Fajitas

[Fire Spirit POV]

Fire Spirit: I sob endlessly. Devil Cookie is at my side, but alas the tears will not stop. How could Sea Fairy do that to me?!

Devil Cookie: "Dad.. please talk to me? It's been five hours!!", he complains. "I'm hungryyyyyy!!!!"

Mysterious Voice: "Hungry?"

Devil Cookie: He springs up. I can't even hear the voice over my hysterical sobbing.

Mysterious Voice: "I brought you food." They fling the food into the volcano. Devil dives after it, very hungry indeed. Out from the shadows, appears...

Wind Archer: "Fire Spirit?", he calls.

Fire Spirit: I spring up to my feet, wiping the sizzling tears from my face. "Wind Archer?!?!?! What are you doing here?!?!?!" 

Wind Archer: "I came with fajitas. Your son was complaining. He said he was hungry, and the fajitas were staring at me from the plate." He sits calmly beside me, but something is wrong.

Fire Spirit: I quietly fold my legs and look down. I am no longer crying. Wind Archer somehow cured my crying! "Why are you here?", I ask.

Wind Archer: "I wanted to apologize for doing... that to you. I didn't know she would do that!"

Fire Spirit: I am still a bit stirred. "She slapped me so hard! I didn't know she could do that!"

Wind Archer: He looks down. He suddenly seems to feel bad about something.

Fire Spirit: "Are... you okay...?", I ask Wind Archer seriously.

Wind Archer: He sighs. "Well... if I'm being honest..." He hesitates.

Fire Spirit: "You...?"

Wind Archer: Suddenly,  he too seems to grow emotional. "Well... I..." He blushes. "...Nothing. It's not important." He shakes off the blush and looks back up at me. "So..."

Wind Archer and Fire Spirit continued to talk throughout the day. Devil Cookie angrily ate his fajitas like he never ate before.