Chapter 9: The Party

Start writing your story

[A/N: I HOPE YOU LIKE THE THUMBNAIL!!! i'm trying something new with it ;D]

[FIRE SPIRIT POV]

Fire Spirit: I DID IT! I got Wind Archer to agree to going out for dinner with me!! FOR REAL THIS TIME!! We're going to meet up at Cheesecake Cookie's next dinner party. I have to look my best!

Fire Spirit, slicking back his hair, prepared to leave for his special night.

---

Fire Spirit: I land in front of the mansoin. This place is... huge! Every inch of it glows brighter than even I do! Good thing I brought my extra fancy outfit.

Fire Spirit: I push open the doors, making my grand entrance into the party! From in front of me, I hear a voice.

Cheesecake Cookie: "Fire Spirit Cookie! You're just in time! Come in!~" She glares at me as I enter.

Fire Spirit: "I'm always on time! I'm the party-starter!" I wave at her and fly in. This place is great!

---

Fire Spirit observed the room. Everyone you could possibly imagine was here! Mint Choco and Carol Cookie were performing in perfect harmony with another. Vampire Cookie and Sparkling Cookie were cheering to the night, dazzling in their beautiful white and gold outfits. Blackberry Cookie and Adventurer Cookie were courting one another on the main floor. But, most importantly...

Before Fire Spirit could finish thinking, he heard a voice behind him. A voice only a father could love.

Devil Cookie: "DAD!"

Fire Spirit: I gulp, turning around. "Devil Cookie, what are you doing here?"

Devil Cookie: He swoops in front of me as I'm turning around

Devil Cookie: He swoops in front of me as I'm turning around. His horns are especially prominent today, and he's wearing a gold-trimmed cloak. "Partying, of course! It's never a party until I decide so! Now... better question... what are YOU doing here? I've never seen you attend any parties before!"

Fire Spirit: I swallow, adjusting myself upright. "I'll have you know, I USED TO attend a BUNCH of parties before I had to start taking care of YOU! " I lie. I've never been invited to one of Cheesecake's parties before. The only reason why I got into this one is because I begged to be let in. "But if you MUST know..." I look around the room for an excuse. "...Vampire and I wanted to talk about plans to screw up his sister's work! Isn't that right, Vampire?!"

Vampire Cookie: He looks up at me, dazed. "...What?"

Devil Cookie: He smiles toothily at me. "Well, if you say so! I'm going to go help Walnut "investigate" the snack table!" He flies off.

Fire Spirit: I sigh, relieved. I float down to Cheesecake Cookie. "Where is wind Archer?" I ask.

Cheesecake Cookie: She crosses her arms. "That's what this is about? He's out on the balcony. He said he was waiting for someone... probably you." Quickly, she goes back to greeting guests with her happy demeanor.

Fire Spirit: I nod and immediately fly to the nearest bedrooms. After looking few a through of them, i finally stick my head into the one on the far right. I step inside. There's a door around the side of the room. i go through it, and am now on the balcony. I walk around the corner looking for Wind Archer. I see.......................... Holy crud.

---

Wind Archer stood over the balcony. His head adorned an incredible white crown, and his wings spread angelically across the terrace. Fire Spirit crackled and snapped ashes in silence.

Wind Archer: Hearing my entrance, he turns around. The purple gem on his head glows softly in the moonlight, just like his minty skin and blue hair. White feathers stick out from his leaf crown. "Oh, you're here. Good evening, Fire Spirit. I'm glad you found me."

Fire Spirit: I swallow nervously, but can't let myself begin to sizzle with sweat. Coolly, I pose on the bar of the balcony. "I don't break promises! I said I would meet you for dinner, and so I did!!! Did you--wanna go eat?"

Wind Archer: He sighs and looks back over the balcony. "We can in a little while. Right now, I'm enjoying the city. I've never seen a city quite like this before."

Fire Spirit: Nervously, I put my hands on the bars and look out into the city. I never really got the chance to look at this place. "Oh yeah. This place is by the Starlit Pantheon, I think."

Wind Archer: He up at the sky. "I don't know much about the stars besides what Moonlight Cookie tells me. Have you ever spoken to her?"

Fire Spirit: "Oh, yeah! I used to be good friends with her. The last time I saw her, she was with Tigerlily Cookie I think. That was a while ago, wasn't it?"

Wind Archer: He looks up at me. "That long?" He asks me. "Tigerlily Cookie is a grown woman now. She makes her home in the Jungle of Beasts I think. Maybe you should visit her sometime."

Fire Spirit: I look behind me for a moment. When I turn back, I see Wind Archer stretching out his wings. "Are you really leaving already?!"

Wind archer: He shrugs. "These places aren't made for people like me. It's much too loud here. Plus, if it doesn't bother you..."

Fire Spirit: I tighten my fists. Is he going to say it?

Wind Archer: "I'd like to take you somewhere very special to me, if that's alright with you."

Fire Spirit: I perk up. "I'd love to go with you!" I answer.

---

Fire Spirit and Wind Archer took off into the night, swirling and dancing through the air as they soared through it majestically. Just in this moment, however...

[Devil Cookie POV]

Devil Cookie: *he walks out from behind the door. he had heard... everything.* i knew it... *he growls to himself. he flying after wind archer and fire spirit from far behind*