Chapter 6: The Melodramatic Devil

[Devil Cookie POV - written from a Child's Perspective! XD]

Devil Cookie: *he floats out into the open night, yawning. i napped all day! he looked to see dad, fire spirit, looking up into the night sky. he looked like he was relaxed* hi dad

Fire Spirit: good evening, devil cookie! *he waves at devil cookie*

Devil Cookie: *he squints at Fire spirit* why are you so happy?

Fire Spirit: no reason! im never happy *he folds his arms and shakes his head* you're silly, devil cookie

Devil Cookie: *he glares at feir spirit but shrugs and laughs it off* ok, well... will you work tonight?

Fire Spirit: yes i will be, devil cookie *he floats up and prepares to leave* i'm leaving now, actually. will you be ok on your own?

Devil Cookie: *he crosses his arms and nods confidently* of COURSE i'll be ok, dad.

Fire Spirit: *he nods* i just gotta make sure... i have a busy night tonight, lots of people to bother!!

Devil Cookie: *he rolls his eyes. something about dad seems off tonight...* have fun working *he waves goodbye*

Fire Spirit: *he flies off*

Devil Cookie: *he watches as dad leaves the volcano. he seems far too gleeful tonight, is something different about him?* 
*he shrugs. maybe dad was just satisfied with seeing devil in the cafe earlier in the afternoon. it was always a blast making apple cry* hmm.. what to do now?

For the next few minutes, Devil Cookie wandered aimlessly through the volcano, inspecting every closet and corner. He had been through this volcano a million times, but still enjoyed exploring every crevice of its structure. However, something was... different, about this encounter. He floated aimlessly over to the kitchen table. What he saw this time was... unusual.

Devil Cookie: fajitas? *he floats over and presses his hand on the fajitas... still warm? beside the plate of warm fajitas rests a note. devil cookie, mischievous and clever, picks up the note. it reads;*

Dear Fire Spirit:

Please come to the

treehouse. I've baked

fajitas for you.

Yours truly --...

Devil Cookie: *he shouts* WIND ARCHER?!