Chapter 15: The Moon

---------------------------------------

The wind was cold on my face, and it howled like the great cake wolves' choir.

---------------------------------------

[Fire Spirit POV]

Fire Spirit: I blaze aimlessly through the great forest, swishing past trees with incredible accuracy. But... I can't help myself. I'm sizzling and sniveling like a child. "How c-c-could he... He's better than... GOD!!!" I wail.

---------------------------------------

I was flying for what felt like hours once I finally reached Moonlight Cookie's great city. My eyes were sore and my wings were quivering, but...

 My eyes were sore and my wings were quivering, but

I had made it.

---------------------------------------

The city is silent, as it has always been. 

Fire Spirit: I swallow, descending to the city's library. Moonlight Cookie's library. I stand before the door and lift my hand to knock on the door. Before I can, however, the door cracks open.

"Welcome guest!" a familiar voice calls. "Welcome to the--"

---------------------------------------

Moonlight: She appears from behind the door. Her smile quickly fades as she realizes who I am. "Fire Spirit..." she whispers. "I-I..."

Fire Spirit: I shamefully look down at the ground. "Moonlight... I'm s-sorry to--"

Moonlight: "No! Don't be sorry. You know you're always welcome in the City of Wizards. Please-- come inside," she insists, moving aside to let me enter.

Fire Spirit: I hesitate, but step inside. It's just as I remember it. Warm and welcoming, but distinctly ominous.

Moonlight: She shuts the doorr behind her, stepping forwards. "Please, take a seat at the table." She gestures towards a table in the middle of the study. "Can I get you anything? Something to drink, maybe?"