Chapter 13: The Worst Fajita You've Ever Eaten

A/N: too many people have read this, thank you for funding my fragile ego 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

----------------------------------------------------------------

[FIRE SPIRIT POV]

Fire Spirit: I shoot awake! "Where... am I?" I look around the room... my bedroom in the volcano?

Devil Cookie: He appears in my doorway, looking rather miffed. "Your'e home. You slept in your costume."

Fire Spirit: I look down at Devil Cookie, coughing. "Gosh." I say. "I had the weirdest dream last night." I sit up, rubbing the side of my head. "I was in some forest, and Wind Archer was there, and just... ugh..."

Devil Cookie: He wipes the bottom of his nose. "Weird! Well, either way, you promised fajitas last night."

Fire Spirit: I look down at my bed, raising an eyebrow. Weird. I remember promising to cook for Devil Cookie in my dream. Oh well. "Let me get myself changed."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Fire Spirit: I put on my super awesome suit (IT'S NOT A ONESIE) and cape. I equip my shoulder pads.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Fire Spirit: I step outside into the kitchen, preheating my skillet. I grab a chunk of chicken, a handful of bell peppers, a large white onion, 1 tbsp vegetable oil, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 freshly ground black pepper

1. Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl, toss in a marinade and let sit in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes.

2. Preheat a cast iron skillet on high with 2 teaspoons of oil. When the skillet is hot, add sliced peppers, onion, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Sauté your peppers and onions for roughly 4 minutes (depending on how hot your stove gets) or until they are a golden brown and have softened slightly. Set your peppers and onions to the side.

3. Add another 2 teaspoons of oil to the hot skillet. Add in the chicken mixture and sauté until the chicken is cooked thoroughly and contains no pink.

4. Add the peppers and onions back into the skillet along with the juice of half a lime. Cook everything for another minute (or longer, depending on how cooked you like your ingredients) and serve immediately. Serve on warm tortillas. Flour is generally preferred, although corn is certainly a great alternative. Top with pico de gallo if desired. (1)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Fire Spirit: "DEVIL COOKIE!! THE FAJITAS ARE READY!" 

Devil Cookie: Before I can even finish my sentence, Devil Cookie barrels into the kitchen and almost rams into me at full speed. "FAJIIII-" He slams horn-first into the wall, falling to the floor.

Fire Spirit: "Slow down, Devil Cookie! Are you okay?!?!"

Devil Cookie: He springs back into the air, completely unscathed. "HUNGER." He responds.

Fire Spirit: I shake my head at him, handing him a plate. 

Devil Cookie: Completely disregarding the fact that the fajita is still sizzling, Devil Cookie takes a massive bite of the fajita. He seems very pleased, although that might just be his stomach speaking for him.

Fire Spirit: I bring my fajita up to my mouth, taking a hardy bite of the fajita. All is good........... until it hits me. "Devil Cookie?"

Devil Cookie: "Yeah?" He says with a mouthful of food.