Boats In The Water

The day passed and nighttime rolled in quickly, sadly there were no stars to look at, just a plain dark sky. I sat on top of the bowsprit, sharpening my knife, while I also watched Pintel and Ragetti who were below me.

When suddenly I heard one of them gasp. I stopped my knife sharpening and looked at the two men. "Everything alright gents?"

"Look in the water." Ragetti said pointing. I shifted my body and saw ghosts, almost soul looking creatures floating through the water, there were hundreds.

"Eerie." I heard Pintel say. "That's downright macabre."

"I wonder what you happen if you dropped a cannon ball on one of them?" I heard Ragetti ask Pintel.

"Let's find out." He chuckled.

"No! No!" I quickly stated, jumping onto the deck, but the men already ran off. I pinched the bridge of my nose and let out an irritated sigh. "I'm friends with idiots."

I opened my eyes and jumped back slightly, at Tia Dalma standing right next to me. "Didn't mean ta scare ya." She said.

"It's all alright." I reassured.

I heard the two men chuckling behind us and we both turned to face them, glares in both our eyes. They quickly dropped the cannon balls and stared at us terrified.

"Be disrespectful, it would." Pintel muttered.

"They should be in the care of Davy Jones." I turned to face Tia as she spoke. "That was the duty him was charged with by the goddess, Calypso. To ferry those who die at sea to the other side. And every ten years him could come ashore to be with she who love him...truly." As Tia spoke I could something change in her face when she mentioned the word 'love'. "But the man has become a monster."

"So he wasn't always...tentacley?" Ragetti asked waving his fingers underneath his chin, mimicking tentacles.

"No." She responded smiling happily, I just continued to study her face, crossing my hands over my chest. "Him was a man." She than grabbed her necklace. "Once."

"Now there's boats coming." Ragetti said. I moved my eyes away from Tia and looked back at the water.

To see what looked like normal people in boats, with a lantern as there only light. I walked away from the group and onto the main deck, where Gibbs was loading a gun.

"Master Gibbs." I exclaimed, pushing the gun down. "There is no need for that. There not a threat to us. Am I right?" I had to ask just to make sure.

"We are nothing but ghosts to them." Tia replied.

"It's best just let them be." Barbossa said. We all watched as the boats passed us, moving into the fog up ahead.

"It's my father. We've made it back. Father! Father, here, look here!" I heard Elizabeth scream out in excitement. I looked at the water and saw her father sitting in one of the boats.

"Elizabeth. We're not back." I heard my father say to her.

"Father!" She yelled out again. To my surprise he actually turned and faced us.

"Elizabeth. Are you dead?" He asked.

"No. No." She mumbled, stumbling across the boat.

"I think I am." He said sadly.

"No, you can't be."

"There was this chest, you see. It's odd. At the time it seemed so important."

"Come aboard!"

"And a heart. I learned if you stab the heart yours must take its place. And you will sail the seas for eternity. The Dutchman must have a captain. Silly thing to do for."

"Someone, cast a line. Come back with us." She yelled at Marty than her father.

"A touch...of destiny." I heard Tia say to Will. I than watched as Elizabeth took the rope from Marty and through it to her father instead. It landed on the boat but he didn't grab it.

"Take the line."

"I'm so proud of you Elizabeth." He said with tears in his eyes.

"Father, the line! Take the line!" She yelled out, shaking the rope frantically.

"She must not leave the ship!" Tia warned running after her, everyone else did as well. But me and father both stayed back.

As Elizabeth cried out for her Farther, I felt my father wrap his hand around my shoulders. He slowly pulled me into him and I leaned my head against his shoulder. I closed my eyes, Elizabeth just lost her father and here I am with mine...it's not fair, but that's just how the world works.

"I'm sorry Deary." He whispered

"For what?"

"Not being there for you. I should have come lookin for ya. But I was a coward."

"Your not a coward. I mean yes, you did abandon the chance to look for me. Which I'm not so pleased about. But I'm glad to have you back." I gave him a small smile. I felt his hand, grip onto my shoulder and twist me around. He wrapped his arms around my torso, hugging me close. I wrapped my arms around him, hugging him just as tight.

"I am such an idiot for that." He said and I could hear a bit of sadness in his tone.

"I forgive you father. If that's what you wanna hear, I truly do."

"Thank you, deary. That's all I've ever wanted to hear." I smiled and squeezed him tighter, he did the same.

We than left the hug and some of the crew were looking at us. "What! I can't have a moment with my daughter!" He groaned throwing his arms up in the air, I started chuckling quietly. Knowing that he was ruining the mood.

I leaned my back against the railing, I placed my one foot against the wood and crossed my arms over my torso. Watching everyone return back to their posts.

But not Elizabeth and Will, they walked by me on their way to the stairs to below deck. As they passed I gave them the best sympathetic smile I could give. "I am so sorry Elizabeth."

"Oh shut it." She groaned.

My eyes went wide and I watched as they walked below. I let the comment pass by me for now, knowing that she was grieving. I wasn't gonna be an asshole and make her mad.

I'm not that cold.

But if she wasn't grieving.

I might have thrown her overboard.