3-9: Aka Neko [M-G]

25th of December, 2008

I hate you! I hate you I hate you, I HATE YOU!

He screamed as loud as he could, and tried to charge at his frightened grandmother on all fours. Two arms around his waist held him back. He remembered being dragged into a van by strange men. No,- NO! He kicked and struggled, screaming repeatedly.

「Hibiki!」His mother's voice was frantic and desperate. 「Hibiki, please! Stop!」

She pulled him away further and pinned him against the back of a couch. Even then he still tried to fight her, growling and lunging at his grandmother. Two security guards moved between them, but the sight of strangers made him scream again. In response his mother pushed him against the couch a second time.

「Why are you like this?!」She shouted, her voice breaking as she couldn't deal with him any more. Her anger and disappointment hurt, and he tried to escape it. He bit her wrist as hard as he could. His teeth sank in, and he could taste blood. She screeched and loosened her grip. Immediately he scrambled into a corner underneath a table.

With heavy breaths and wide eyed he watched everything, growling at anything that moved close to him. There were no coherent thoughts, just frenzied anger that began to simmer into terror.

A door pushed open on the other side of the room, and through it stormed his father followed by more personnel. The sound frightened him, and he tried to squeeze himself further into his corner. He watched as his father helped his wailing mother, and gave a low, angry growl when his grandmother stood up.

「Get him out! Take your crazy brat and put him away! 」She shouted, while his father hastily tied his shirt around his mother's wrist.

Another door flung open, this time on his side. Instantly he growled and jumped, his back pressed against the wall. Kazuo entered, taking in the absolute chaos of the scene wide eyed and mumbling to himself. His gaze met his, and he took a step towards him before his father shouted.

「Don't get close to him!」Immediately Kazuo stopped, and turned to his father who was helping his mother stand up. 「Get her some help. We need to get a doctor,- his psychiatrist, someone...」His father's thoughts were faster than he could speak, but Kazuo nodded nonetheless and helped his mother.

「Lock him up! You're too soft! He should be kept far away, maybe beat some,-」

The sound of a loud slap echoed throughout the room, as his father struck his ranting grandmother.

「Shut the fuck up!」His father yelled, far beyond any patience. 「Leave.」He demanded, while his grandmother clutched her cheek, her gaze burning with disdain. 「Leave!」His father shouted again, causing his grandmother's guards to quickly scurry her away.

The screaming only frightened him more, and he put both his hands over his ears trying to block everything out. Laying down on his side, he made himself as tiny as possible. He followed his grandmother with his gaze, until the door was slid shut.

Things went quiet. Unable to get lost in blind anger and fear, some thoughts made it through. She deserved it... I hate her. She deserves to be hurt. I like to hurt her. I hate her! I... I... I hurt you... Aka... I liked Aka... I'm sorry... I can't help it. I can't stop it... they made me like this. They made me bad...

He looked up, and couldn't avoid the empty stare of the cat on the coffee table. A single metal chopstick was jammed all the way through its head, pinning it down. The other one he had dragged all the way from it's chest to its stomach, nearly splitting the cat in two. Blood slowly dripped down the edges onto the wooden floor.