Young Love

Summary: After Spencer's date with JJ didn't go to well, Y/N tries to set him up on a date, not realising that he had fallen in love with her

Summary: After Spencer's date with JJ didn't go to well, Y/N tries to set him up on a date, not realising that he had fallen in love with her. After many months, Y/N might be beginning to feel the same.

✧❀❀❀✧

With Y/N and Spencer being the youngest members on the BAU, it was inevitable that they would become close friends. The two spend almost all their time together. Due to the duo being in each other's presence almost 24/7, they spoke a lot. Normally, they would have intelligent conversations and it would spiral from there, other times they would have conversations they would lead into fits and bouts of laughter. However, what the two loved to converse more than anything were their deep conversations about their personal lives.

Y/N and Spencer always felt comfortable around each other, comfortable enough to tell each other everything. They trusted each other more than anyone else. Due to them being so close, they could tell if the other person was having an off day - even without profiling them.

Spencer turned up at Y/N's apartment and she was surprised. Normally he would call ahead to see if it was okay for him to come in and see if she was even there. Today was a different story however.

"Hey, you okay?" Y/N asked as she let Spencer into her apartment. As usual, he walked over to her couch and sat down.

Y/N shut the door behind her and followed his route to the couch and sat next to him. Spencer fiddled with the strap of his bag, avoiding eye contact with Y/N.

"Spence, are you alright?" Y/N asked again, noticing the way he was acting. Just the day before, the two were sitting in the same position on her couch as he was filled to the brim with excitement because he was going on a date with JJ. Y/N knew that he had a small crush on JJ so she couldn't help but be excited for him.

"How did your date with JJ go?" Y/N asked after another moment of silence.

"It wasn't a date." Spencer answered.

"What do you mean it wasn't a date? You two went to the football game together didn't you?" Y/N was confused.

"Yeah we did, but she invited Garcia. She didn't think of it as a date." Spencer answered.

Y/N's frowned, "Spencer, I'm sorry. I know you were excited for that date."

"I'm meant to be a genius," Spencer started, ""So why could I ever think that JJ would like me?"

Y/N frowned once again, "What do you mean by that?"

"I mean how can she like someone like me?" Spencer said softly, finally making eye contact with Y/N.

Y/N was shocked by Spencer's self deprecating attitude. She had no idea he felt that way about himself. To her, he was the most amazing person she knew. She looked at Spencer's hands that were fiddling with his bag. She hesitated at first. Spencer didn't really like contact with other people. However, as she looked at his face and body language, it was clear he needed comforting. Y/N began to reach forward with her hand until it made contact with Spencer's.