Surprise

Summary: Y/N tries to keep the secret of her pregnancy from Spencer as she tries to plan a surprise for him

✧❀❀❀✧

Trying to keep a secret from someone with an eidetic memory was hard - it was even harder when that person happened to be a profiler. Every time Y/N was having a bad day, Spencer would know, no matter how hard she tried to mask it. Due to Spencer picking up on the littlest things Y/N does, it was hard to keep a secret from him.

A few weeks ago Y/N had found out she was pregnant and she wanted to find the perfect way to tell Spencer. She had thought of a way except it needed to arrive in the mail first. That would take time - time she didn't have. Any day now Spencer would catch on.

There had been multiple occasions where Y/N would slip up and Spencer would get suspicious. However, knowing Spencer for as long ad she did, Y/N was able to play it off without him batting an eyelid.

However one incident, she slipped up more than usual.

Spencer had forgotten his lunch at home and Y/N decided to take it to him at work. She knew that it was a paperwork day so he would be there. Before she made the drive to Spencer's work however, she had to pick up one part of the surprise Y/N had planned to announce her pregnancy - a pair of converse for a baby.

The reason it took so long for her to get them was because she couldn't find a pair anywhere. Everywhere she looked, they were sold out. Once she picked them up, she shoved them in her bag without thinking.

When Y/N got to Spencer's work, she grabbed her bag that contained his lunch and headed up to the sixth floor. As soon as the elevator doors opened, Y/N saw a woman with blonde hair and a colourful dress walk past.

"Penelope!" Y/N said, stepping out of the elevator.

Penelope turned her head to the source of the voice and her eyes widened and a smile stretched across her face, "Y/N!" The blonde hastily wrapped the other woman in a hug, "I haven't see you in ages."

"I know!" Y/N responded, "Work has been keeping me busy." Along with other things.

"Well you need to come out on the next ladies night," Penelope said as the two began walking into the bullpen, "We've missed you hanging out with us."

"I miss hanging out with you too." Y/N replied.

"Y/N!" A voice announced. She looked up to come face to face with Derek Morgan.

"Derek!" Y/N replied before he wrapped her in a hug.

"What are you doing here?" He questioned.

Y/N gestured to her bag, "Spence forgot his lunch so I'm just dropping it off."

"Speak of the devil." Derek said, gaze drifting over Y/N's shoulder.

Y/N turned around and Spencer was walking up to the trio standing in the bullpen. A smile spread across his face once he saw Y/N. If she were the only one in the room, he would've strode up to her and planted his lips on hers. However, since there were plenty of other people around, Spencer settled for a quick hug instead - no matter how much he wanted for it to go on longer.