Stood Up

Summary: Y/N is excited about her date and when the night rolls around, she gets stood up

Summary: Y/N is excited about her date and when the night rolls around, she gets stood up. She calls the one person she knows will make her night better.

✧❀❀❀✧

Y/N walked through the doors to the BAU with a radiant smile on her face. Spencer was the first to notice and couldn't help but smile himself as her smile was infectious. She waved at him as he placed her bag down on her desk. The excitement coursing through her veins was still there from the phone call she had received that morning.

"What's got you so happy?" Emily questioned.

"Well, you know that guy I told you about." Y/N said, sitting on top of her desk.

"Which one, the blonde or brunette?" Emily questioned, taking a sip from her drink.

"The blonde," Y/N clarified and Emily nodded, "Well the two of us have been talking non stopover the last couple of days and he asked me on a date tonight."

"Where are you going?" Emily asked.

"I don't know, this fancy restaurant," Y/N answered, "So I have an excuse to wear that dress I bought when we went shopping."

"Ooh, the sexy one?" Emily perked up.

Y/N clicked her fingers, "That's the one."

"Well, after the date, I need details." Emily stated, sitting at her own desk.

"Obviously." Y/N laughed. As she sat down at her own desk, Y/N arranged all of the work she needed to do for the day, not noticing the distraught looking genius sitting not too far away.

***

Y/N had gotten to the restaurant a little earlier than she and her date had arranged. She was seated at the table he reserved and waited. Getting out her phone, she was greeted by a text from Emily making her promise to tell her everything that happened. Y/N laughed slightly at the text before placing her phone to the side.

Five minutes had passed and her date was going to show up any minute. Y/N was excited. She had been talking to him for the last couple of weeks and they really hit it off. It was the first date she had been on in a while as she was constantly pulled away on cases and the dates she had planned lost interest as she kept having to reschedule.

Another five minutes had passed and a waitress had come up to her table asking if she wanted a drink. Y/N refused, wanting to wait for her date. He was late but Y/N deduced that to traffic. After all, five minutes wasn't a lot. She checked her phone and contemplated texting Emily but she knew that if she did, the two would get sucked into conversation and Y/N wouldn;t notice when her date would arrive.

Ten minutes passed and Y/N was getting nervous. She hadn't received a text from her date at all. She had to even check the name of the restaurant to make sure she was at the right one. Y/N still had hope that her date would show up but deep down she knew that he was never going to show up. Y/N flagged down the waitress that offered her a drink earlier and ordered one. Her date would have a lot of explaining to do if he turned up.