Chapter 6

Neelum
It was the week before her wedding, her mother had told her that she could no longer leave the house whenever she felt like it, and Neelum had argued but her mother refused to budge.
And she had ofcourse given up.
But her mother had also convinced her Fahad bhai to drop of Ayesha bhabi over at their part of the house while he was at work , and somehow that had ended up with them moving in with them till Ayesha bhabi would deliver the baby.

It made Neelum very happy , she had moved Arzoo and Hamad to her room , the twins were such a joy to be around, and it also helped her bhabi relax somewhat.

This evening everyone of her bhabis and nephew and nieces were gathered in their garden for a dhokli,
Qasim bhai had done all the arrangements.
Her Qasim bhai was a little hot headed but that didn't mean that his heart wasn't in the right place.

All her brothers and bhabis were preparing dances to do on her Mehandi.

Neelum turned to Daniyal, who had been very quite in the past few days ,
"Whats up?" She asked him and he simply shook his head,
"Nothing , abba and I aren't on talking terms anymore" he confessed , shocking her .
"Why? What happened?!" She asked surprised ,
"I don't want to talk about it right now please" he whispered as his voice shook. Neelum felt terrible for him, she hugged his arm as she place her head on his shoulder.
"Sab theek hojayega Dani" she tried comforting him
"I know bhai loves you the most , you both are very similar and thats why you clash on everything" she told him ,
It was true both were hot headed and impulsive talkers.
"He said a lot of things that would indicate otherwise , I snapped at ammi the other the day aswell." He told her softly , her heart broke at his expression.
"Oh no!" She said as she hugged him tighter than before.
"Yea....." he simply trailed off.
"I really wish I hadn't! I swear! But it just came out and I hate myself for that.Sometimes I wish he could see me!not the version of who I should be" he confessed.
"I hope that he does oneday" Neelum said as she stayed there with her head on his shoulder. "And bhabi knows you love her , just apologise to heryea"
Neelum was the one person in their family who rarely ever judged any one.

A few minutes later her Safabhabi came , and patted Daniyals cheek softly, and he averted his eyes guiltily,
"Sweetheart, can you go pick Faryal up from her friends, please"
Daniyal nodded as he got up, and left.

"Bhabi" Neelum called and Safa looked back.
"Talk to bhai please" she asked her.
Safa sighed ,
"I'm trying Neelum, both of them are at rubbing eachother in the worst way possible and I'm tired of fighting with Rizwan about it if I'm being honest" she admitted softly,
"Maybe you should talk to Ammi about it? She can talk to bhai"
Neelum suggested,
Safa shook her head,
"I don't think involving ammi would be such a good idea righy now she has so much on her plate as it is" Safa sighed ,
"I'll talk to her once the wedding is over though" she told her in an attempt to comfort her.

"Sometimes I wish Daniyals mother was alive , she would have known what to do" Safa bhabi confessed,as a tear leaked from her eyes.

Neelums heart broke at that.
Her Rizwan bhai had been married to to Safa bhabis elder sister , who had passed away at child birth. A few months later they had suggested to marry Rizwan bhai to Safa bhabi, only a khalas love could come the closest to a mothers , growing up none of them had been aware of this fact , and had only discovered it a few years ago and the damage was done , Daniyal had started to distance himself from his parents slowly and the distance only resulted in her brother wanting to hold on tighter to his eldest son.

"I've never thought of Daniyal as anything but my own firstborn but between him and Rizwan I'm just lost, and when either of them gets angry they say things that are just so heartbreaking." She vented out tired of keeping it all in.

Dil e Nadaan जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें