Chapter 23

Neelum

Today had been a good day , Neelum smiled to herself as Ibrahim parked the car in his drive way.
He turned to look at her , and raised an eyebrow asking what was up.

Neelum bit her lower lip she would not admit to him yet but her heart fluttered everytime their eyes made contact.
He took her hand in his and pressed a kiss on top of it .
"Today was nice" she said to him her eyes sparkling .
He nodded his head towards the house ,
"Chalein?" He asked her and she nodded .

As they walked towards the door they could hear loud voices almost like shouting , both of them looked at eachother .

Ibrahim opened the door and headed towards the drawing room.

There stood Aima tears streaming down her face while Rukhsar looked offended and her mother in law looked angry.

"Kya horaha hai?" Ibrahim asked , and Aima looked at him almost releaved ,
"Bhai aap please ami aur Rukhsar ko samjhaye naa!" She said as she wiped her tears away.

"Hua kya hai?" He asked still not sure what he had walked into .

"Bhai , Rahila bhabi ne apnay bhai k liye Aima ka rishta maanga hai, aur issay dekhein itnay dramay kar rahi hai" she said
"Mein nahi karna chahti shaadi un k bhai se tumhe ye baat kyun nahi samajh aarahi!" Aima yelled .
"Buss!" Her mother in law said "abh tum ne iss awaz mein baat ki Aima tou mere se bura koi nahi hoga" she warned her .
"Agar koi rishta bhejta hai tou aisay behave karte hain kya ?" She scolded.
"He earns well , and isn't that old , there is nothing wrong in considering the rishta" her mother said firmly.

"Ammi woh 32 hai mein 18 hun" Aima told her mother .

"Itna age difference tou chalta hai." Rukhsar but in.

"Rukhsar tum tou apni bakwas band karo" Aima snapped .

Ibrahim spoke finally,
"Both of you stop it" he told his sisters ,
"Aima tum jao aur dekho Hadiya kya kar rahi hai" he said to her .

"Aur Rukhsar tum chup kar k betho jab tak ammi aur mein baat kar rahay hain"
He turned to her
"Neelum tum bethna chahti ho tou betho" he asked her and she shook her head ,
"Nahi m-mein change karne jaa rahi hun"

She didnot want to be apart of this conversation.

She hurried upstairs.

__________________________

Ibrahim came upstairs after an hour.

And sat on the sofa of their living room.

"Is everything okay?" she asked as she place her fingers in his hair , playing with it.
"Pata nahi" was all he said and she concentrated on his adams apple bobbing.
"Ruksar is pushing for this rishta and Ammi wants to consider it , Aima is still studying ........." he trailed off.

"Aur aap ko kya lagta hai?" Neelum asked ,
"K jab tak Aima parhai kar rahi hai tab tak hum uss ki shaadi ki jaldi naa karein" he told her ,
"Ammi ko bhi meine yeh bola hai par ultimately its Ammis decision" he told her

Neelum nodded ,
"Aap Aima se tou baat karein naa, k woh eik baar mill le larkay waloun se , milne mein koi harj nahi hai aur aap baad mein time le lena agar Aima ko pasand aayewoh loug"
She suggested , and Ibrahim nodded ,
"Kuch aisa hee karna hoga abh"
"Mein Aima ki marzi k baghair hargaz yeh rishta nahi honay doun ga" he told her
"Par ussay open hona chahiye k abh rishtay aayeingay" he said , and Neelum nodded.

"Aap jayein aur uss se baat karein" she told him.

__________________________

Ibrahim

Dil e Nadaan जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें