Chapter 20

Its was Rukhsars nikkah today, it had been a week since Neelum had comeback, the silence between her and Ibrahim seemed to have stay,
Neither spoke much to the other .

They hadn't even touched eachother .

The morning of the nikkah Neelum was getting ready, Rukhsar had gone to the parlour with Humna and Aima , Neelum had decided to stay home and help out.

Her mother in law had said that everything was done and ordered her to go and get ready.

Ibrahim was in the shower and she had laid out his shalwar kameez , while she did her makeup.

She was wearing one of the dresses she had worn on her kasim bhais nikkah, it was a designer dress, that had cost a lot but her brother had asked her to get what she wanted, it was a white peplum with a low back that was held by a dori with a lehnga and she took out some of her wedding jewellery, she lined her aqua green eyes with kohl and liner making them stand out, she hadn't dressed up like this in ages. She was in the middle of wearing her shoes when Ibrahim stepped out, he froze for a second when he saw her , forgetting how to breathe.

Neelum was beautiful but at this moment he felt like his heart would stop.

She looked at him once she had worn her shoes ,
"Aap k kapray rakh diye hain aap tayaar hojaye , mein neeche jaa rahi hun Rukhsar aagayi hogi" she said awkwardly.
He didn't know what to sayand she hurried out .

She went downstairs and to her mother in law ,
"Aunty aap tayaar hai? Ibrahim bus jaanay walay thay Rukhsar ko parlour se lene k liye" she said to her mother inlaw ,

"Beta please idher aao mein tumhari nazar utarun," her mother in law said and Neelum did as she was asked and her mother in law blew some dua on her .

"Mujhe pata hai tum aur Ibrahim eik dusray se baat nahi kar rahay , aur mein tum dono k maamlay mein bolna bhi nahi chahti, par tum iss baat ka bharosa rakho Neelum yeh ghar tumhara hai, chahay koi kuch bhi kahe tumhe iss ghar se koi kahin bhej nahi sakta , theek hai" she said to her and tears filled Neelums eyes as she hugged her .

And she patted her back fondly. Once that was done , They broke apart and Neelum took a tissue to wipe away her tears .
She was dabbing her eyes when Ibrahim stepped in,
He frowned when he saw Neelum wiping away her tear, but Neelum assumed he frowned at her , probably not liking the way she looked.
He had always said he didn't like alot of makeup on her , and suddenly Neelum felt selfconcsious,

"Ammi mein teeno ko lene jaa raha hun , koi kaam rehta tou nahi hai?" He asked and his mother shook her head,
"Buss jaldi aana" she said , and nodded as he headed out.

"Beta guests aana shuru hogaye hongay aao recieve karna shuru karte hain"

_________________________

The nikkah had finished and everybody was eating,
Neelum was attending the guests when she her mother in law asked her to sit down next to Rukhsar  and  have dinner aswell,
She did as she was told , she had just put a spoonfull of rice when one of Ali bhais sisters asked her ,
"Neelum hummein khushkhabri kab sunarahi hou" she said in teasing manner .
Neelum simply blushed not knowing how to answer.

"Jis tarha se Ibrahim dekh raha tha issay mujhe tou laga k abbh tak tou hogi hee" Rahila bhabi said tauntingly.

Again she didn't respond .
Continued to eat her food .

"Neelum yeh tou saira shakira ka dress hain naa?" Another one of the cousins asked , and she nodded .
"Yeh mujhe itna pasand tha , agar mera nikkah hota tou mein bhi aisa hee banwati ," the cousin said , Neelum smiled and thanked her .

Dil e Nadaan जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें