Last Chapter

It was a baby boy , 10 little fingers and ten very little toes.

He was premature , so they had put him in the NICU, where he was going to be for a while.

She had panicked when her water broke , she was halfway through her 7th month.

Rukhsars miscarriage had been so fresh in her mind that she thought she was going to lose her baby.

She had cried and snapped , but finally the doctor had said this would only stress the baby.

She had forced herself to calm down.

By the time Ibrahim reached the hospital she had given birth to their son.

And she had a very vague memory of him pressing a kiss to her head as she dozed of.

_________________________

She woke up and it felt like a truck had run her over .

She groaned , And she felt her husbands hand on her own hand .

"Hey sweetheart" he said and she blinked at him unsure for a few minutes.

Ibrahim was smiling, his eyes bright with happiness.

"Do we have our baby?" She asked , and he smile pressing a kiss to her head.

"We do" he said as he kissed her temple.

"So ......" she trailed off,

"Beta hua hai" he told her , and she smiled ,
"Everything happened so fast , it felt like a blur." She pouted ,

He laughed ,
"Sweetheart you were in labour for 12 hours" he told her ,

She shrugged ,
"Felt like a blur though" she admitted . He smiled , shaking his head , but there was pure joy in his eyes , she hadn't seen this in their almost two years of marriage.

She looked around ,
"Where is he?" She asked
"I didn't even get to see him" she said as tears came in her eyes.

"He's in the NICU, premature tha naa iss liye" Ibrahim told her ,

She nodded closing her eyes.
"But he's okay right? He's healthy?" She asked as her anxiety bubbled up.

"He's perfect" he told her , pressing a kiss to her lips.

"He's so perfect Neelum," Ibrahim said softly closing his eyes.

She sputtered a laugh through her tears, wiping them away from the back of her hand.

"When can I see him?" She asked , almost in a hurry,

"Let me ask the nurse on duty? And I'll come get you" he said to her.

"Ibrahim" she stopped him,
He turned to her ,
"We're parents" she said as tears leaked out again.

He smiled
"Yea we are" he said kissing her head.

_________________________

He came after a half an hour,
"Do you think you can get up or are you too tired ?" He asked as he opened the wheel chair ,

"I don't think anything can stop me from getting up and seeing by baby" she said , and he helped her up and helped her sit in the wheel chair.

"Ammi? Baki sab kaha hain?" She asked ,

"Woh sab subha aayein gay, you were passed out sweetheart, I made them all go home." He told her , as he led the wheelchair ti the NICU.

Neelum had fresh tears in her eyes, as he brought her towards one of the capsules, a very tiny baby laid there with multiple wires attached to him.

🎉 आपने Dil e Nadaan को पढ़ लिया है 🎉
Dil e Nadaan जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें