Chapter 19

She had been home for a week , she had not told her mother that she had fought with Ibrahim, she had said that she missed home and wanted to stay for some days .
Her mother hadn't looked convinced but all the same hadn't said anything to her .

She was in her room she had not gotten up like she used to in her husbands house.

Her husband who hadnot even called her once , she had on multiple occasions on instinct , she missed him.

He probably didn't miss her at all,
He was probably busy with his responsibilities and work.

She took a long deep breath, her heart hurt sometimes , especially when she thought of their fight.

She brushed away tear that had made its way through and laid back .

She missed his warmth amd she hated that he probably wouldn't have even noticed her absence.

She had asked him to give her time and he had answered with saying they needed space . Which was absurd!

She wanted to checkup on him and everyone else but she tried her best not to.

"Neelum beta?" Her mother said as she entered her bedroom with out knocking because for the past few days she would not answer the knocking at all.

Her mother looked at her daughter concerned , as she sat down next to her , and Neelum cuddled into her , as more tears streamed down her face.

"Meri jaan eik haftay se dekh rahi hun kuch masla hai, batao mujhe , ibra se laria hui hai kya?" Her mother asked and Neelum cried , as she shook her head ,
"Ammi please mujh se kuch naa pouchein" she said as she wiped away her tears.

"Neelum aisa kya hua hai jaan? Tumharay abbu bhi pareshaan hai , tum kyun aisay upset hokar aayi ho?" She asked ,
"Beta waisay hazaar baar aao par aisay pareshaan honay ki wajha tou batao please chanda"  her mother said ,

"Mein khud nahi aayi ammi" she said as she wiped away her tears ,
"Ibrahim ne kaha unhe space chahiye" she told her her mother looked startled ,
"Mujhe aisi umeed nahi thi Ibrahim , beta mujhe please batao hua hai kya kya jhagra hai" she said , and finally Neelum told her what had happened , her mother silently listened to whatever she had to say and then pressed a kiss on her head .

"Meri jaan hum baat karein gay Ibrahim ki ammi se , ussay woh samjhain gi , aisay apni biwi ko wapas nahi bhejte" her mother said ,

Neelum just laid down again and slept.

_________________________

Ibrahim had come late again, his work load had increased tenfold since he had gotten promoted but he also needed the promotion, the expenses of a wedding were just too much for him to bear with his old salary.

He entered his portion an dplopped on the sofa , closing his eyes.

He missed her. 

He missed her presence at the end of a long tiring day, she had become his light at the end of the tunnel , till she had said that she felt suffocated.

Neelum was sensitive, and she had taken his words as criticism.

She had gone on to say so many things to him that he fwlt like his marriage these past 6 months had been an illusion that he had been in , she was unhappy with him.

She needed time , but he didn't have any to give , even though he really wanted to give himself to her , he couldnt.

"Ibrahim" his mother's voice had shaken him out of his thoughts,

"Gee Ammi Assalamulalikum" he said as he sat up ,

His mother looked very serious ,
"Ibrahim Neelum ghar kab aarahi hai?" She asked him, and he didn't have an answer ,
"Rukhsar ki shaadi hai next week , tumhari biwi aur iss ghar ki bahu honay k naatay she should be here" she said to him,
"Kal tumhe  Aminah ne khanay pe bulaya hai , tum uss kar saath lekar aana theek hai" his mother said ,

Dil e Nadaan जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें