Prologue

• Dedicated to you

The king was murdered by a mysterious man, the kingdom went into a distress and was anxious, for the king had no known heir to his throne. The king's wife, the Queen, was announced to be ruler until they find a suitable heir to the throne.

© All rights Reserved

Chapter 1

Crustile, a boy with auburn hair and cyan eyes, who worked as a stable boy for as long as he could remember, had a simple dream. To leave the stables and explore the kingdom, cross the oceans, see the Sea of Isles, the Emerald Island and the Capital. Where he, can see the magnificent palace and it's magnificent sunsets and crystal like oceans and seas. It was a wonderful dream to live in, yet he can't.

His father a blacksmith, had once been a knight and served the palace, he was yet to gain a promotion for only the high classed born or nobles, but then someone framed him of stealing the king's scabbared. It was passed down from the king's family for generations. It was a high treason, they've would have gotten his head in a platter if only he hadn't escaped. They were forced to live with the shadows and hide underground, until they assumed he was dead.

His' father trained him to every kind of weapon and every kind of sword. Every fighting skills, stances and tactics, he may be called the country's warrior. But even so, Crust would always escape his training and would go up to the mountains and watch the sunset while the wind would always blow his hair and worries for a moment.

Even at the age of thirteen, he could not escape his' master's grasp. The master who had slaved him for years while giving only a copper coin for his food and drink to live. His' master always kept the palace knights comfortable, with their thick silk blankets and 3 layered matresses. While he, slept with the horses with a crate for his pillow and a small pile of hay enough to cover his knees down to his feet. It wasn't that band unless the horses had done their buisness which sickened him and would just stay in the roof. He would sometimes hear the knights' laughter and their clunking of ales at the inn.

One day, he heard the knights said:

"Aye, this kingdom's in ruins, ever since the king died, the capital was in an uneasy state."

"The queen's advisor told us to find as many men as possible and ship them at the docks." the other knight said who gulped his wine down

"I don't know what the queen's thinking! Is she really that desprate to even include commoners at her competition?"

" Actually the whole kingdom's gone bersek! This is a great way to fix the problem."

"It's treacherous! I can't even belive that they posted posters and sent the word about it."

"Well whatever they do, we support them. We're the palace's knights after all."

And with that Crust set off heading towards the nearest dock, his feet ached and burned with heat, he took ignorance to it. This was the ticket to his dream and he can't afford to lose it.

/Note: This is my first story I've ever written, so sorry for the wrong grammar and lack of experience but i hope you enjoy it and don't forget to VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE! ps please give me tips and suggestions if you guys want. =) -SMO/