,Chapter 15

Huckle panicked, this was not right, Chimera were mythological creatures that are myths. There was no way chimeras still exist. Yet, here they are right in front of him. He had to think fast, he have to save the queen.

Huckle held the gem that almost brought darkness to him, he never had thought he would resort to this. He ate it and this time he didn't had the side effects.

Elder: "Here take this gem, it contains your power so you won't lose control, and the raw energy will be contained and the side effects on your body will be repelled."

White wings grew out of Huckle's back it still hurt but there were no more side effects like turning into wood.

Chimera, had a head of a lion, goat and snake. Lion legs and claws at the front and goat legs on the back. The lion head breathes fire. If Huckle can create a diversion on this beast for the queen to escape would be a miracle. Well he just had to try.

The Chimera advanced toward the queen letting out a vicious roar. The queen stumbled backwards, the queen heard whispers and a feather landed on her shoulder, "My queen run northeast, please trust me, turn right and jump in the waterfalls, there is a cave hidden there.'"

The queen run like there was no tomorrow. She had scratches along the way, she could hear the roars and hisses not to far. She could feel heat forming up, the Chimera was about to breathe fire! She ran and saw the falls, her safe heaven!

She felt the heat grew hotter until she took a chance to sneak a peek and saw a fireball hurling towards her. She ran and screamed all her might. The fireball came closer and closer the heat grew intense every second. Until she knew it would hit her and there was no escaping it. She closed her eyes, but the impact never came, she opened them and saw wings enveloping her she came face to face with
a purple eyed boy with jet black hair. Most of his wings were burned or turned black, He mouthed "Go." And she sped of to the waterfall.

Huckle turned around facing the danger that lay before him, if he just get him in a little west direction. the snake tried to bite him but he quickly dodged it and flew, fire burst out of the beast's mouth, he flapped his wings with brute force creating a whirl wind countering the fire. Huckle planted feathers surrounding the Chimera making them explode. He needed to lure him, but his wings were also damaged and burned, he didn't know how long he can fly or resist the pain.

'just a bit more'

Huckle's body was quivering and trembling, but pushed himself to the limit, the chimera followed him and sunk into a quick sand between the forest and jungle. He smiled, the more the chimera struggled the more he sunk. he land his face met the ground, while trying to surpass the pain.The chimera's snake struggled to grab a vine, Huckle sent feathers to the snake and dispersed it with the palm of his hand. He was panting hard, exhausted and tired, but pain jolted him alive, horns were pierced through his abdomen, below his heart. He stared at the beast wide eyed, the chimera let out an ear piercing growl and let out a big fireball before it sunk to the depths of the sand quake.

And everything in Huckle's sight turned black.

***

Syon was thankful to his friend who sent him messages by sparrows and birds, he was the one who helped him get out of here by riding a pegasus. They had been exchanging messages for years now. And the funny thing is the Emperor is oblivious about it. It's actually a ridiculous situation if you ask him. Nothing gets past the king.

As many people know Syon, had always been a freak, with two different eyes and colors. Everyone says he's a freak an abomination.

Syon fell asleep as he remembered the days of the past.

***

Syon's parents disgraced Syon along with the rest of his town. His parents not too long sold Syon to be a slave to a Lord who's own a tavern that is a friend of his father and unluckily accepted.

His 'master' brought him to what you call a carnival and he was the main act, of course there are stands of ales and wine by corners and 'entertainment' for men in tents. But the worst was, the main event kill or be killed.

Every month, he would face a beast, always studying it beforehand. A lion, boar or even be a cage with scorpios, rats or snakes. Or even worse he have to battle a criminal while he try to smash my head. he never killed or even let people kill him. So his master would bestow punishment on him infront of everybody.

One day when he was blindfolded and had to carry a cross like the ones in churches, while barefooted and being whipped, hit along the way. A white clothed man with the fastest legs save him, he carried young Syon away from darkness. He was his salvation.

He carried him at the stomp of the shield. The Empire's most vicious viking was also there with perfect timing. They surrounded his savior and Syon. His savior in a speed of light blocked all their weapons they threw at him, but it seems they had found his blind spot below his neck.

Syon had fear in his eyes as he saw his whole world trembled to the ground. His savior said his final words. "Once you find Visible, go to Emerald Islands."

Vikings took him to the Emperor and became a slave once again. He saw slaves go into a room and disappear forever. Everyone living in fear of going into the cursed room, but no one could defy the Emperor. When it was Syon's turn the Emperor promised wealth and freedom and be the Emperor's personal servant.

And that's how he ended up there and here, not too far away he saw the land of Emerald Islands. 'At long last.'